Slip and Fall Lawyer Hermann, MO
Hermann, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Hermann, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an accomplished and savvy Hermann, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Hermann, MO clients. Businesses have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for patrons and customers, and when they fail in that obligation they owe you damages. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call your Hermann, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall accidents account for about 1 million visits per year. While it is sometimes complicated to know who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the financial recovery you deserve. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot secure the compensation you need in a settlement we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Hermann, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you receive will be based on the severity of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Common injuries you can experience in a slip and fall accident include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more serious than others, and how serious they are will impact your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you in a wheelchair for years, while a sprained knee may only need a quick trip to a Hermann, MO emergency room and a week off work. Whatever the scope of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Hermann, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you are awarded every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Hermann, MO Can Help
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. An experienced Hermann, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are owed. When you hire us, we will:
- Perform a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, for example acquiring video footage, locating eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove liability
- Take your thoughts into consideration, so we know what true compensation really means
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on your physical recovery
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to avoid paying your claim
- Have an open line of communication with you, and offer you sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for maximum compensation
- Take your claim to court if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for injury victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Hermann, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties free of any dangerous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do what they can to repair it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner failed to either fix or warn of, you can file a claim for to get compensation. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a difficult task, and necessitates the knowledge of an accomplished Hermann, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Hermann, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of money you collect will be substantially less than it could be. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a savvy Hermann, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help decrease the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to visitors
- Suitable steps were taken to protect visitors, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Hermann, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an expert Halvorsen Klote Hermann, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Hermann, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or floors that collapse easily
- Poorly designed buildings, for example excessively steep stairs
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote has more than a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Hermann, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on numerous factors, including the financial losses you incurred because of the accident, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have suffered as a result of your injuries. They include:
- Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed to heal, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer provides sick leave. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to work at all anymore, you are entitled to a recovery for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. That can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or having to send your kids to a daycare to watch over your children.
It's essential that you have a record of every dime you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your arm for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and a trier of act decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance company or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Hermann, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Hermann, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong disabilities. When you are harmed due to somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the responsible party does not want to pay you the compensation you are entitled to. An HK Law Hermann, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Hermann, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.