Slip and Fall Lawyer Ellisville, MO
Ellisville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Ellisville, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property owner did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, you need an accomplished and skilled Ellisville, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Ellisville, MO causes your injuries. Property owners and managers have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for visitors, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call your Ellisville, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents account for 12 percent of those visits. While it can be hard to know who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the financial recovery you are entitled to. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot secure the compensation you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Ellisville, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injury and how much of an impact it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how severe they are will affect your compensation. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you disabled for the rest of your life, while a sprained ankle may only need a quick trip to a Ellisville, MO emergency room and a week off work. Whatever the scope of the impact your injury had on your life, your Ellisville, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you are awarded a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or diminished earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Ellisville, MO Can Help
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. An experienced Ellisville, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are owed. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Perform a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, for example acquiring security footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove liability
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we know what true compensation really means
- Take care of all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on getting better
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Have an open line of communication with you, and provide you with advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for maximum compensation
- Take your claim to trial if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want the liable party to be fair, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for those who have been injured due to another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Ellisville, MO, the applicable law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you have a case for to get compensation. Proving negligence is a difficult task, and necessitates the savvy of an accomplished Ellisville, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Ellisville, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you collect will be significantly less than it could be. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a skilled Ellisville, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were not paying sufficient attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the property where visitors are not allowed
- Suitable steps were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were using inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Ellisville, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an talented Halvorsen Klote Ellisville, MO slip and fall lawyer will fight back against them and prove liability by the other party.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and possible third party negligence claims.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Ellisville, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken handrails or floors that collapse easily
- Poorly designed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Loose wiring
Halvorsen Klote has more than a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Ellisville, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends numerous factors, including the financial losses you suffered because of your injuries, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the financial losses you have suffered as a result of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer provides paid time off. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to make the same income you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to hire someone to help with household chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's important to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Generally, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local softball league, and now have to miss the season, you deserve to be compensated for that. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience fighting and winning a wide array of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Ellisville, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong disabilities. When you are hurt because of another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the responsible party does not want to pay you the money you deserve. An HK Law Ellisville, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to get out of paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Ellisville, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.