Slip and Fall Lawyer Valley Park, MO
Valley Park, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Valley Park, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident because someone did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an experienced and skilled Valley Park, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our Valley Park, MO clients. Proprietors have a duty to ensure their property is safe for patrons and customers, and when they neglect that duty they owe you damages. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call a Valley Park, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents make up 12 percent of those visits. While it is sometimes hard to understand who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how to go about receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the labyrinthine legal process and get you the financial recovery you deserve. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot secure a fair settlement in negotiation we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your Valley Park, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the gravity of your injury and how much of an impact it has on your life. Common injuries you can experience in a slip and fall accident are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how serious they are will affect your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, while a sprained knee might only need a quick trip to a Valley Park, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Regardless of the scope of the impact your injury had on your life, your Valley Park, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you get every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Valley Park, MO Can Do For Your Claim
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. A knowledgeable Valley Park, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Carry out a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, including acquiring video footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on your physical recovery
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Have an open line of communication with you, and offer you advise based on our experience and knowledge while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate on your behalf for a full financial recovery
- Take your claim to court if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we do for slip and fall victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Valley Park, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for premises liability. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a touch task, and requires the skill of an experienced Valley Park, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Valley Park, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of recovery you receive will be considerably lowered. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a knowledgeable Valley Park, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help reduce the level of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were not paying sufficient attention to your surroundings, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the property that is off-limits to customers
- Suitable measures were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Valley Park, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an expert Halvorsen Klote Valley Park, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Valley Park, MO?
There are many dangerous conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or floors that collapse easily
- Poorly designed buildings, for example excessively steep stairs
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote has more than 10 years of experience investigating claims and proving how the person in control of a property was negligent. If you were injured because of a hazardous property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Valley Park, MO?
The value of your claim is based on numerous factors, including how much your injuries cost you economically, how your injuries affected your mentally and physically and whether you share a portion of the responsibility for your fall. Your financial recovery for any injury claim usually is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the monetary damages you have sustained due to your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical bills — You are owed compensation for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to work at all anymore, you are entitled to a recovery for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. That can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or having to send your kids to a daycare to watch over your children.
It's important to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Typically, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local basketball league, and now have to miss the season, you deserve to be compensated for that. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. So if your economic damages are $20,000, and a trier of act decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance company or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Valley Park, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact Your Valley Park, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong disabilities. When you are harmed as a result of somebody else's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the responsible party does not want to pay you the recovery you are owed. An HK Law Valley Park, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Valley Park, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.