Slip and Fall Lawyer Eureka, MO
Eureka, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Eureka, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property owner did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, trust in an experienced and knowledgeable Eureka, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Eureka, MO causes your injuries. Property owners and managers have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call a Eureka, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall injuries account for 12 percent of those visits. While it is sometimes complicated to know who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complex legal process and get you the compensation you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you the compensation you need in a settlement we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Eureka, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. How much compensation you collect will depend on the seriousness of your injury and how much of an effect it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will affect your financial recovery. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for years, while a sprained ankle might require a quick trip to a Eureka, MO emergency room and a week off work. No matter the the extent of the impact your injury had on your life, your Eureka, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you receive every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered as a result of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Eureka, MO Can Do For Your Claim
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. A talented Eureka, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you are owed. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Carry out an extensive investigation into your claim, including obtaining security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Take your thoughts into consideration, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to avoid paying your claim
- Keep you involved at all times, and provide you with sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Take the fight to trial if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or you suffered permanent disability and need financial security, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for slip and fall victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Eureka, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either fix or warn of, you can file a claim for to get compensation. Proving negligence is a touch task, and necessitates the knowledge of a talented Eureka, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Eureka, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found partially responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of recovery you receive will be significantly lowered. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a skilled Eureka, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the level of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were not paying adequate attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to visitors
- Appropriate steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Eureka, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an shrewd Halvorsen Klote Eureka, MO slip and fall lawyer will stand up to them and prove negligence by the other party.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation claim and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Eureka, MO?
There are many different property conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken handrails or floors that collapse easily
- Poorly designed buildings, for example excessively steep stairs
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Eureka, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends numerous factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you share a portion of the blame. Your financial recovery for any injury claim usually is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are meant to reimburse you for the monetary damages you have suffered because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical therapy or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer offers sick leave. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you are entitled to a recovery for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. That can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or having to send your kids to a daycare to care for your children.
It's essential to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Generally, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local rec league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Eureka, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Eureka, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are harmed because of another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the recovery you are entitled to. An HK Law Eureka, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Eureka, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.