Slip and Fall Lawyer Boonville, MO
Boonville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Boonville, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident because someone did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, trust in an experienced and knowledgeable Boonville, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Boonville, MO causes your injuries. Proprietors have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for visitors, and when they neglect that duty they owe you damages. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call a Boonville, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries make up 12 percent of those visits. While it is often complicated to understand who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and get you the compensation you are entitled to. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you the recovery you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Boonville, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injury and how much of an impact it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases are:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how serious they are will affect your compensation. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you with a disability for years, while a sprained ankle might require a quick visit to a Boonville, MO emergency room and limited time off work. No matter the scope of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Boonville, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you collect every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Boonville, MO Can Help
No one anticipates being injured. An experienced Boonville, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the maximum compensation you deserve. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Carry out a full investigation into your claim, including obtaining security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Take care of all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can spend your energy on healing
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Be in constant communication, and offer you sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for the best possible settlement
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for slip and fall victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Boonville, MO, the applicable law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any hazardous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do what they can to repair it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for premises liability. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a hard task, and requires the savvy of an accomplished Boonville, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Boonville, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of recovery you receive will be significantly less than it could be. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a talented Boonville, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help reduce the level of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the property where visitors are not allowed
- Reasonable measures were taken to protect visitors, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Boonville, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an shrewd Halvorsen Klote Boonville, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If your slip and fall accident occurred at work, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Boonville, MO?
There are many hazardous conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken handrails or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote has more than a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you were injured because someone did not keep their property safe, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Boonville, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on many different factors, including the financial losses you sustained because of the accident, how your injuries affected your emotionally and physically and whether you share a portion of the responsibility for your fall. Your financial recovery for any injury claim usually falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are meant to reimburse you for the monetary damages you have suffered as a result of your injuries. They include:
- Medical expenses — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work while you were recovering from your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer offers paid time off. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to work at all anymore, you are entitled to a recovery for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or having to send your kids to a daycare to care for your children.
It's important to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Generally, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your arm for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. So if your economic damages are $20,000, and a trier of act decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance company or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience arguing and winning a wide range of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Boonville, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are hurt because of another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the liable party does not want to pay you the recovery you are entitled to. An HK Law Boonville, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Boonville, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.