Slip and Fall Lawyer Sullivan, MO
Sullivan, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Sullivan, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an experienced and skilled Sullivan, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Sullivan, MO causes your injuries. Proprietors have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they fail in that obligation they are responsible for giving you financial compensation. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call a Sullivan, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents make up 12 percent of those visits. While it can be complicated to figure out who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how to go about collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the compensation you deserve. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Sullivan, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the seriousness of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Common injuries you can receive in a slip and fall accident include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will impact your financial recovery. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist might require a quick trip to a Sullivan, MO emergency room and a week off work. Whatever the scope of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Sullivan, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you receive a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Sullivan, MO Can Help
An injury is always unanticipated, and most people have never had to deal with making an injury claim before. A knowledgeable Sullivan, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you deserve. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Conduct an extensive investigation into your claim, for example obtaining video footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Have an open line of communication with you, and provide you with sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for the best possible settlement
- Take the fight to trial if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want the liable party to be fair, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we do for injury victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Sullivan, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a hazardous condition, they must warn you of it and do what they can to fix it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for to get compensation. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a complicated task, and requires the skill of an experienced Sullivan, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Sullivan, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found in some measure responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of compensation you receive will be substantially less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a skilled Sullivan, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help reduce the percentage of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to patrons
- Suitable measures were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Sullivan, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an astute Halvorsen Klote Sullivan, MO slip and fall lawyer will help win the full compensation that you are owed.
If your slip and fall accident transpired at work, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and possible third party negligence claims.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Sullivan, MO?
There are many hazardous conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken handrails or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep stairs
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager was negligent. If you were injured because someone did not keep their property safe, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Sullivan, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on numerous factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, how your injuries affected your emotionally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim usually is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have suffered as a result of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to make the same earnings you used to, you also deserve compensation for the money you would have earned had you not been injured.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential that you have a record of every penny you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Typically, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing piano and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 payout.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Sullivan, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Sullivan, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong disabilities. When you are injured due to somebody else's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the responsible party does not want to pay you the recovery you are owed. An HK Law Sullivan, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Sullivan, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.