Slip and Fall Lawyer Weldon Spring, MO
Weldon Spring, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Weldon Spring, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because a property owner did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, you require an experienced and talented Weldon Spring, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our Weldon Spring, MO clients. Property owners and managers have an obligation to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they fail in that obligation they are responsible for paying you financial compensation. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, call your Weldon Spring, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries make up about 1 million visits per year. While it is sometimes hard to figure out who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and secure the compensation you are entitled to. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot secure a fair settlement in negotiation we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Weldon Spring, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the severity of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Common injuries you can experience in a slip and fall accident include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how severe they are will affect your financial recovery. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist might require a quick trip to a Weldon Spring, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the scope of the effect your injury had on your life, your Weldon Spring, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you get every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO Can Help
No one expects to suddenly become injured. An experienced Weldon Spring, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you deserve. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Conduct an exhaustive investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, including obtaining video footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove liability
- Listen to what you have to say, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Have an open line of communication with you, and offer you advise based on our experience and knowledge while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate on your behalf for a full financial recovery
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want the liable party to be fair, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for those who have been injured because of another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Weldon Spring, MO, the applicable law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties free of any dangerous conditions. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you have a case for to get compensation. Proving negligence is a difficult task, and requires the skill of a talented Weldon Spring, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Weldon Spring, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of money you are awarded will be substantially lowered. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a knowledgeable Weldon Spring, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the level of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises where customers are not allowed
- Suitable steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were wearing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Weldon Spring, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an skilled Halvorsen Klote Weldon Spring, MO slip and fall lawyer will stand up to them and prove negligence by the other party.
If your slip and fall accident occurred at work, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and possible third party negligence claims.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Weldon Spring, MO?
There are numerous dangerous conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Wet surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or loose floorboards
- Poorly designed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote has over a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager is liable for your injuries. If you were injured because someone did not keep their property safe, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Weldon Spring, MO?
The value of your claim depends on a variety of factors, including how much your injuries cost you economically, how your injuries affected your mentally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim generally falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the monetary damages you have sustained due to your injuries. They include:
- Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical therapy or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if your employer offers paid time off. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to make the same earnings you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from doctors' appointments, having to hire help for household chores or having to send your kids to a daycare if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential that you have a record of every dime you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Usually, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. So if your economic damages are $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To prove non-economic damages, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Weldon Spring, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Weldon Spring, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can give rise to anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are hurt as a result of somebody else's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the compensation you deserve. An HK Law Weldon Spring, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Weldon Spring, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.