Slip and Fall Lawyer O'Fallon, MO
O'Fallon, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer O'Fallon, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because someone did not keep their property reasonably safe, you require an experienced and savvy O'Fallon, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in O'Fallon, MO causes your injuries. Businesses have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for visitors, and when they fail in that duty they owe you damages. If you sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, call your O'Fallon, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall injuries make up about 1 million visits per year. While it is often difficult to know who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how proceed with collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the financial recovery you are owed. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your O'Fallon, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you collect will depend on the severity of your injury and the consequences it has for other aspects of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases are:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will impact your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist may only need a quick visit to a O'Fallon, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the scope of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your O'Fallon, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you are awarded every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in O'Fallon, MO Can Help
An injury is always unexpected, and most people don't know the first thing about the injury claims process. A talented O'Fallon, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Perform an exhaustive investigation into your claim, including acquiring security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on healing
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Be in constant communication, and offer you advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for the best possible settlement
- Take your claim to court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In O'Fallon, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties free of any hazardous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do their best to repair it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either fix or warn of, you have a case for premises liability. Proving negligence is a hard task, and necessitates the savvy of an accomplished O'Fallon, MO slip and fall lawyer.
O'Fallon, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you are awarded will be considerably lowered. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a skilled O'Fallon, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the level of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- The hazardous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises where visitors are not allowed
- Suitable measures were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the surroundings
O'Fallon, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an astute Halvorsen Klote O'Fallon, MO slip and fall lawyer will help win the full compensation that you are owed.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and possible third party negligence claims.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in O'Fallon, MO?
There are many different property conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken handrails or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Loose wiring
Halvorsen Klote has more than 10 years of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager is liable for your injuries. If you were injured because someone did not keep their property safe, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in O'Fallon, MO?
The value of your claim depends numerous factors, including the financial losses you suffered because of the accident, how your injuries affected your mentally and physically and whether you share a portion of the responsibility for your fall. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have sustained as a result of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer provides paid time off. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to make the same money you used to, you also deserve compensation for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's important that you have a record of every dime you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Generally, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local soccer league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance company or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our O'Fallon, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your O'Fallon, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong disabilities. When you are hurt as a result of another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the compensation you are owed. An HK Law O'Fallon, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in O'Fallon, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.