Slip and Fall Lawyer Farmington, MO
Farmington, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Farmington, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, you need an accomplished and skilled Farmington, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Farmington, MO causes your injuries. Businesses have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they fail in that duty they owe you damages. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, call a Farmington, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall injuries account for about 1 million visits per year. While it can be complicated to figure out who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complex legal process and secure the compensation you are entitled to. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot secure the recovery you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your Farmington, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you receive will be based on the severity of your injury and the extent of the impact it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will affect your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained ankle may only need a quick trip to a Farmington, MO emergency room and limited time off work. No matter the the extent of the effect your injury had on your life, your Farmington, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you collect every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or diminished earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Farmington, MO Can Do For Your Claim
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've had to seek compensation for an injury. A knowledgeable Farmington, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you deserve. When you hire us, we will:
- Carry out an extensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, including obtaining video footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Take your thoughts into consideration, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on your physical recovery
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to minimize your claim
- Be in constant communication, and offer you advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for the best possible settlement
- Take your claim to trial if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Farmington, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you have a case for to get compensation. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a touch task, and necessitates the knowledge of a talented Farmington, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Farmington, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of recovery you receive will be substantially less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a skilled Farmington, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help decrease the percentage of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were distracted, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises where patrons are not allowed
- Suitable steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were using inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Farmington, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an astute Halvorsen Klote Farmington, MO slip and fall lawyer will fight back against them and prove negligence by the other party.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and possible third party negligence claims.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Farmington, MO?
There are numerous different property conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Wet surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or floors that collapse easily
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote has over 10 years of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager caused your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Farmington, MO?
The value of your claim is based on on a variety of factors, including how much your injuries cost you economically, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have sustained as a result of your injuries. They include:
- Medical costs — You are owed compensation for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. That can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny to watch over your children.
It's important that you have a record of every dollar you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local soccer league, and now have to miss the season, you deserve to be compensated for that. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and a trier of act decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Farmington, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Farmington, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are hurt due to somebody else's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the money you are entitled to. An HK Law Farmington, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Farmington, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.