Slip and Fall Lawyer Quincy, MO
Quincy, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Quincy, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because a property owner did not keep their property reasonably safe, you require an accomplished and knowledgeable Quincy, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Quincy, MO causes your injuries. Proprietors have an obligation to make sure their property is safe for visitors, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call your Quincy, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall injuries make up 12 percent of those visits. While it can be hard to understand who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how to go about receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complex legal process and secure the financial recovery you deserve. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot secure the recovery you need in a settlement we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Quincy, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the seriousness of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Common injuries you can suffer in a slip and fall accident include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more serious than others, and how severe they are will impact your compensation. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, while a sprained ankle may only need a quick visit to a Quincy, MO emergency room and a week off work. Regardless of the the extent of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Quincy, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you get every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Quincy, MO Can Help
No one anticipates being injured. A knowledgeable Quincy, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you are owed. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Conduct a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, including acquiring video footage, locating eyewitnesses and developing a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Take your thoughts into consideration, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on healing
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Keep you involved at all times, and offer you sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for a full financial recovery
- Take your case to trial if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for those who have been injured through another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Quincy, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for premises liability. Proving negligence is a touch task, and necessitates the knowledge of a talented Quincy, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Quincy, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you receive will be significantly less than it could be. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a knowledgeable Quincy, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help decrease the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the blame for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- The hazardous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the property where customers are not allowed
- Appropriate steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were using inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Quincy, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an expert Halvorsen Klote Quincy, MO slip and fall lawyer will help collect the full compensation that you deserve.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Quincy, MO?
There are countless hazardous conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Wet surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or holes in the floor
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property was negligent. If you were injured because of a dangerous property condition, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Quincy, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on on a variety of factors, including the financial losses you incurred because of your injuries, how your injuries affected your emotionally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim usually is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have suffered due to your injuries. They include:
- Medical expenses — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer offers sick leave. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to work at all anymore, you are entitled to a recovery for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. That can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to hire someone to help with household chores or having to send your kids to a daycare if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential that you have a record of every dime you and your medical insurance paid, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Typically, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Quincy, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact Your Quincy, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can give rise to anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong disabilities. When you are harmed owing to another person's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, especially when the responsible party does not want to pay you the money you are entitled to. An HK Law Quincy, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Quincy, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.