Slip and Fall Lawyer Vandalia, MO
Vandalia, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Vandalia, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because a property owner did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, trust in an accomplished and knowledgeable Vandalia, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our Vandalia, MO clients. Businesses have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they fail in that obligation they are responsible for paying you financial compensation. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call a Vandalia, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries account for about 1 million visits per year. While it can be difficult to know who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and secure the compensation you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your Vandalia, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. How much compensation you collect will depend on the seriousness of your injury and the consequences it has for other aspects of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will affect your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you disabled for years, while a sprained ankle might only need a quick trip to a Vandalia, MO emergency room and limited time off work. No matter the the extent of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Vandalia, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you are awarded every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or diminished earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced as a result of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Vandalia, MO Can Do For Your Claim
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. An experienced Vandalia, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the maximum compensation you are owed. When you hire us, we will:
- Carry out a complete investigation into your claim, for example acquiring security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and developing a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Handle all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on getting better
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Keep you updated at all times, and offer you advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for the best possible settlement
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Vandalia, MO, the applicable law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any hazardous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do their best to repair it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you have a case for premises liability. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a hard task, and necessitates the knowledge of an experienced Vandalia, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Vandalia, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of recovery you are awarded will be significantly less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a skilled Vandalia, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the amount of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the blame for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were not paying sufficient attention to your surroundings, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises where customers are not allowed
- Appropriate measures were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were wearing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Vandalia, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an expert Halvorsen Klote Vandalia, MO slip and fall lawyer will help win the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Vandalia, MO?
There are numerous hazardous conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or loose floorboards
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote has more than a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how the person in control of a property needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you were injured because someone did not keep their property safe, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Vandalia, MO?
The value of your claim depends many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim usually falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the monetary damages you have suffered because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You are owed compensation for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you are entitled to a recovery for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. That can include transportation costs to and from doctors' appointments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny to watch over your children.
It's important to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Usually, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing piano and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Vandalia, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Vandalia, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can give rise to anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are harmed owing to somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the compensation you are owed. An HK Law Vandalia, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Vandalia, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.