Slip and Fall Lawyer Fayette, MO
Fayette, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Fayette, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, you need an accomplished and knowledgeable Fayette, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Fayette, MO clients. Businesses have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for visitors, and when they fail in that duty they are responsible for giving you financial compensation. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call your Fayette, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries account for about 1 million visits per year. While it can be complicated to know who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how to go about collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the financial recovery you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot secure the recovery you need in a settlement we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Fayette, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you collect will depend on the severity of your injury and the consequences it has for other aspects of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will affect your compensation. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you disabled for the rest of your life, while a sprained ankle might only need a quick visit to a Fayette, MO emergency room and limited time off work. No matter the scope of the impact your injury had on your life, your Fayette, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you get a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Fayette, MO Can Do For Your Claim
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. A knowledgeable Fayette, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you deserve. When you hire us, we will:
- Perform an exhaustive investigation into your claim, for example obtaining security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove liability
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Handle all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to devalue your claim
- Be in constant communication, and provide you with sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you believe to be the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Take your case to trial if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or you suffered permanent disability and need financial security, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for those who have been injured due to another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Fayette, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties free of any hazardous conditions. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you have a case for premises liability. Proving negligence is a difficult task, and necessitates the skill of a talented Fayette, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Fayette, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of recovery you receive will be considerably lowered. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a skilled Fayette, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help decrease the percentage of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to patrons
- Suitable measures were taken to protect customers, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were using inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Fayette, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an skilled Halvorsen Klote Fayette, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If your slip and fall accident occurred at work, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Fayette, MO?
There are countless dangerous conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or loose floorboards
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property was negligent. If you were injured because of a hazardous property condition, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Fayette, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends on a variety of factors, including the financial losses you suffered because of the accident, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you share any of the blame. The compensation you receive for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have sustained due to your injuries. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to work at all anymore, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing piano and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Fayette, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Fayette, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are injured due to somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the negligent party does not want to pay you the compensation you deserve. An HK Law Fayette, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Fayette, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.