Slip and Fall Lawyer High Hill, MO
High Hill, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer High Hill, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident because a property owner did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an accomplished and knowledgeable High Hill, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our High Hill, MO clients. Property owners and managers have an obligation to make sure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they neglect that obligation they owe you damages. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, call your High Hill, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries account for 12 percent of those visits. While it is often hard to figure out who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and get you the financial recovery you deserve. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you the compensation you need in a settlement we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your High Hill, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. How much compensation you collect will depend on the gravity of your injury and the extent of the impact it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases include:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will impact your compensation. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist might only need a quick visit to a High Hill, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Regardless of the the extent of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your High Hill, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you receive every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in High Hill, MO Can Help
No one expects to suddenly become injured. A talented High Hill, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to. When you hire us, we will:
- Conduct an extensive investigation into your claim, including obtaining security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on your physical recovery
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to devalue your claim
- Be in constant communication, and offer you sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you believe to be the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Take the fight to trial if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want the liable party to be fair, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for injury victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In High Hill, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any hazardous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you have a case for to get compensation. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a complicated task, and necessitates the knowledge of a talented High Hill, MO slip and fall lawyer.
High Hill, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you receive will be substantially less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a skilled High Hill, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help decrease the level of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the property that is off-limits to patrons
- Reasonable measures were taken to protect visitors, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
High Hill, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an shrewd Halvorsen Klote High Hill, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you deserve.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation claim and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Injuries in High Hill, MO?
There are countless dangerous conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or loose floorboards
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager was negligent. If you were injured because of an unsafe property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in High Hill, MO?
The value of your claim depends on a variety of factors, including the financial losses you suffered because of the accident, how your injuries affected your mentally and physically and whether you share any of the blame. Your financial recovery for any injury claim usually is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have suffered as a result of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical therapy or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer provides sick leave. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential that you have a record of every penny you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Usually, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our High Hill, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your High Hill, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are harmed due to another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the liable party does not want to pay you the recovery you are owed. An HK Law High Hill, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in High Hill, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.