Slip and Fall Lawyer Wildwood, MO
Wildwood, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Wildwood, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, you require an experienced and knowledgeable Wildwood, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our Wildwood, MO clients. Property owners and managers have a duty to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they fail in that obligation they are responsible for giving you financial compensation. If you sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, call a Wildwood, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents account for about 1 million visits per year. While it can be hard to understand who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how to go about getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you the recovery you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Wildwood, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you receive will depend on the gravity of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more serious than others, and how severe they are will affect your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you with a disability for years, while a sprained wrist may require a quick trip to a Wildwood, MO emergency room and a week off work. No matter the scope of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Wildwood, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you collect a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Wildwood, MO Can Do For Your Claim
An injury is always unexpected, and most people have never had to deal with making an injury claim before. A knowledgeable Wildwood, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Conduct a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, including acquiring security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know what true compensation really means
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can spend your energy on your physical recovery
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Be in constant communication, and provide you with sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for a full financial recovery
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for those who have been injured because of another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Wildwood, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties free of any hazardous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for negligence. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a complicated task, and requires the savvy of an experienced Wildwood, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Wildwood, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found in some measure responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of money you are awarded will be substantially lowered. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a savvy Wildwood, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help decrease the percentage of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the property that is off-limits to customers
- Suitable steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the surroundings
Wildwood, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an knowledgeable Halvorsen Klote Wildwood, MO slip and fall lawyer will stand up to them and prove negligence by the other party.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation claim and possible third party negligence claims.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Wildwood, MO?
There are countless hazardous conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Black ice
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or loose floorboards
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you were injured because of an unsafe property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Wildwood, MO?
The value of your claim depends on a variety of factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have suffered because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical expenses — You are owed compensation for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you had to miss time off work while you were recovering from your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you also deserve compensation for the money you would have earned had you not been injured.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or having to send your kids to a daycare to watch over your children.
It's essential that you have a record of every dime you and your medical insurance paid, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Usually, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local YMCA league, and now have to miss the season, you deserve to be compensated for that. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 payout.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Wildwood, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Wildwood, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are injured due to somebody else's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the money you are owed. An HK Law Wildwood, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Wildwood, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.