Slip and Fall Lawyer Chamois, MO
Chamois, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Chamois, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because a property manager did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, trust in an experienced and savvy Chamois, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Chamois, MO clients. Property owners and managers have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for patrons and customers, and when they fail in that obligation they are responsible for paying you financial compensation. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call a Chamois, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries account for about 1 million visits per year. While it is often complicated to figure out who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the labyrinthine legal process and secure the compensation you deserve. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Chamois, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the severity of your injury and how much of an effect it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will impact your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you disabled for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist might only need a quick trip to a Chamois, MO emergency room and a week off work. Whatever the the extent of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Chamois, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you collect every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Chamois, MO Can Help
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've had to seek compensation for an injury. A talented Chamois, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you deserve. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Perform a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, for example obtaining video footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Handle all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on healing
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to devalue your claim
- Have an open line of communication with you, and provide you with sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you believe to be the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for the best possible settlement
- Take the fight to trial if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for slip and fall victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Chamois, MO, the applicable law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any hazardous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do their best to repair it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you have a case for premises liability. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a complicated task, and necessitates the savvy of a talented Chamois, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Chamois, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you collect will be significantly less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a talented Chamois, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help decrease the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- The hazardous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises where patrons are not allowed
- Suitable measures were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were wearing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Chamois, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an shrewd Halvorsen Klote Chamois, MO slip and fall lawyer will stand up to them and prove liability by the other party.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Injuries in Chamois, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or loose floorboards
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property was negligent. If you were injured because of a hazardous property condition, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Chamois, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on numerous factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you share any of the blame. Your financial recovery for any injury claim generally falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have suffered because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You are owed compensation for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to make the same earnings you used to, you also deserve compensation for the money you would have earned had you not been injured.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to hire someone to help with household chores or having to send your kids to a daycare to watch over your children.
It's essential to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your arm for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Chamois, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Chamois, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are injured due to somebody else's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the liable party does not want to pay you the recovery you deserve. An HK Law Chamois, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Chamois, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.