Slip and Fall Lawyer Harrisburg, MO
Harrisburg, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Harrisburg, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an experienced and savvy Harrisburg, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Harrisburg, MO causes your injuries. Proprietors have an obligation to ensure their property is safe for visitors, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, call a Harrisburg, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries make up about 1 million visits per year. While it can be difficult to understand who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the financial recovery you are owed. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you the compensation you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Harrisburg, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. How much compensation you collect will be based on the gravity of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will affect your compensation. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you with a disability for years, while a sprained wrist might require a quick visit to a Harrisburg, MO emergency room and a week off work. No matter the scope of the impact your injury had on your life, your Harrisburg, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you collect a full recovery. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO Can Help
An injury is always shocking, and most people have never had to deal with making an injury claim before. A talented Harrisburg, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you deserve. When you hire us, we will:
- Carry out a full investigation into your claim, including acquiring video footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove liability
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to devalue your claim
- Keep you involved at all times, and offer you advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full financial recovery
- Take your case to court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for slip and fall victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Harrisburg, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do what they can to fix it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you have a case for negligence. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a touch task, and requires the knowledge of an experienced Harrisburg, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Harrisburg, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of money you receive will be considerably lowered. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a knowledgeable Harrisburg, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help decrease the level of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the blame for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to patrons
- Suitable steps were taken to protect customers, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Harrisburg, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an shrewd Halvorsen Klote Harrisburg, MO slip and fall lawyer will stand up to them and prove negligence by the other party.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation claim and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Harrisburg, MO?
There are many dangerous conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or loose floorboards
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager is liable for your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Harrisburg, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, how your injuries affected your mentally and physically and whether you share a portion of the blame. The compensation you receive for any injury claim generally is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have sustained because of your injuries. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny to care for your children.
It's essential to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Usually, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local softball league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 payout.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance company or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Harrisburg, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact Your Harrisburg, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can bring about anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are harmed due to another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the liable party does not want to pay you the money you deserve. An HK Law Harrisburg, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Harrisburg, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.