Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Charles, MO
St. Charles, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Charles, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property reasonably safe, you require an accomplished and skilled St. Charles, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our St. Charles, MO clients. Proprietors have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for visitors, and when they fail in that obligation they are responsible for giving you financial compensation. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call a St. Charles, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall injuries make up 12 percent of those visits. While it is sometimes hard to know who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the financial recovery you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot secure the compensation you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your St. Charles, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the seriousness of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Common injuries you can sustain in a slip and fall accident are:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how serious they are will impact your financial recovery. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained ankle might only need a quick visit to a St. Charles, MO emergency room and a week off work. Whatever the the extent of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your St. Charles, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you get every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in St. Charles, MO Can Help
No one anticipates being injured. A talented St. Charles, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Conduct an exhaustive investigation into your claim, including acquiring video footage, locating eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Take care of all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on healing
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to minimize your claim
- Keep you involved at all times, and offer you advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for those who have been injured through another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In St. Charles, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any hazardous conditions. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you have a case for to get compensation. Proving negligence is a touch task, and necessitates the skill of an accomplished St. Charles, MO slip and fall lawyer.
St. Charles, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found partly responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of recovery you receive will be substantially less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a knowledgeable St. Charles, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help reduce the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were distracted, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to customers
- Appropriate steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
St. Charles, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an skilled Halvorsen Klote St. Charles, MO slip and fall lawyer will help win the full compensation that you deserve.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in St. Charles, MO?
There are many different property conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or holes in the floor
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in St. Charles, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on numerous factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, how your injuries affected your mentally and physically and whether you share any of the responsibility for your fall. Your financial recovery for any injury claim generally falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are meant to reimburse you for the monetary damages you have sustained as a result of your injuries. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you are entitled to a recovery for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. That can include parking and gas costs when going to medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential that you have a record of every dollar you and your medical insurance paid, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Generally, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience fighting and winning a wide range of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your St. Charles, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong disabilities. When you are hurt as a result of somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the recovery you deserve. An HK Law St. Charles, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in St. Charles, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.