Slip and Fall Lawyer Owensville, MO
Owensville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Owensville, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an experienced and savvy Owensville, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Owensville, MO clients. Proprietors have a duty to make sure their property is safe for visitors, and when they neglect that obligation they owe you damages. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call a Owensville, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries make up 12 percent of those visits. While it is sometimes hard to figure out who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the compensation you are entitled to. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot secure a fair settlement in negotiation we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Owensville, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. How much compensation you receive will be based on the gravity of your injury and how much of an effect it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases include:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will affect your financial recovery. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained ankle might require a quick visit to a Owensville, MO emergency room and a week off work. No matter the scope of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Owensville, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you are awarded a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Owensville, MO Can Help
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. An experienced Owensville, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Perform a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, including obtaining security footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and developing a legal strategy to prove liability
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know what true compensation really means
- Take care of all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Keep you involved at all times, and provide you with sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for injury victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Owensville, MO, the applicable law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any dangerous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do what they can to fix it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either fix or warn of, you can file a claim for negligence. Proving negligence is a touch task, and requires the savvy of a talented Owensville, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Owensville, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of recovery you are awarded will be substantially less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a savvy Owensville, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help decrease the percentage of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to visitors
- Appropriate steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Owensville, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an shrewd Halvorsen Klote Owensville, MO slip and fall lawyer will help collect the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Owensville, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Wet surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken handrails or loose floorboards
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep stairs
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote has over 10 years of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager is liable for your injuries. If you were injured because of an unsafe property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Owensville, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on many different factors, including the financial losses you sustained because of your injuries, how your injuries affected your emotionally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim typically is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have suffered as a result of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical therapy or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer provides paid time off. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from doctors' appointments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's important that you have a record of every dollar you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Generally, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local basketball league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Owensville, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Owensville, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong disabilities. When you are injured owing to another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the liable party does not want to pay you the recovery you are owed. An HK Law Owensville, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Owensville, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.