Slip and Fall Lawyer Washington, MO
Washington, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Washington, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property owner did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, you require an experienced and savvy Washington, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our Washington, MO clients. Proprietors have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when their property is unsafe they are responsible for paying you financial compensation. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, call a Washington, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents make up 12 percent of those visits. While it is often hard to figure out who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complex legal process and secure the financial recovery you are entitled to. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Washington, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. The damages you are owed will be based on the seriousness of your injury and the extent of the effect it has on your life. Common injuries you can receive in a slip and fall accident are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how severe they are will affect your compensation. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you in a wheelchair for years, while a sprained wrist might only need a quick trip to a Washington, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the the extent of the impact your injury had on your life, your Washington, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you collect a full recovery. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered as a result of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Washington, MO Can Do For Your Claim
No one anticipates being injured. A knowledgeable Washington, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you are owed. When you hire us, we will:
- Perform an exhaustive investigation into your claim, for example obtaining video footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on your physical recovery
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Keep you updated at all times, and provide you with advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full financial recovery
- Take the fight to court if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we do for slip and fall victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Washington, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any dangerous conditions. If there is a hazardous condition, they must warn you of it and do their best to repair it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either fix or warn of, you can file a claim for negligence. Proving negligence is a touch task, and requires the skill of a talented Washington, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Washington, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of money you collect will be substantially less than it could be. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a savvy Washington, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help reduce the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the blame for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the property where patrons are not allowed
- Appropriate measures were taken to protect visitors, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Washington, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an astute Halvorsen Klote Washington, MO slip and fall lawyer will help collect the full compensation that you deserve.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall injuries, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Injuries in Washington, MO?
There are many dangerous conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote has more than a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Washington, MO?
The value of your claim is based on many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you economically, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim usually is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have suffered due to your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical expenses — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to make the same earnings you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Generally, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local softball league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. Typically, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and a trier of act decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance company or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Washington, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Washington, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can bring about anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are hurt as a result of another person's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, especially when the responsible party does not want to pay you the recovery you are owed. An HK Law Washington, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Washington, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.