Slip and Fall Lawyer New Haven, MO
New Haven, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer New Haven, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an accomplished and skilled New Haven, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our New Haven, MO clients. Property owners and managers have a duty to make sure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when their property is unsafe they are responsible for paying you financial compensation. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, call a New Haven, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit in the United States, and slip and fall accidents make up 12 percent of those visits. While it is sometimes hard to know who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot secure the recovery you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your New Haven, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. The damages you are owed will be based on the gravity of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases include:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will impact your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you disabled for the rest of your life, while a sprained knee may only need a quick visit to a New Haven, MO emergency room and a week off work. Regardless of the the extent of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your New Haven, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you receive a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced as a result of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in New Haven, MO Can Do For Your Claim
No one expects to suddenly become injured. A talented New Haven, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you deserve. When you hire us, we will:
- Conduct a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, including obtaining security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Take your thoughts into consideration, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on getting better
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to avoid paying your claim
- Have an open line of communication with you, and provide you with sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full financial recovery
- Take your claim to trial if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In New Haven, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either fix or warn of, you have a case for premises liability. Proving negligence is a hard task, and requires the knowledge of a talented New Haven, MO slip and fall lawyer.
New Haven, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of compensation you collect will be substantially less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a knowledgeable New Haven, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help decrease the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- The hazardous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises where customers are not allowed
- Reasonable steps were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
New Haven, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an skilled Halvorsen Klote New Haven, MO slip and fall lawyer will stand up to them and prove liability by the other party.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and possible third party negligence claims.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in New Haven, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager caused your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because of an unsafe property condition, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in New Haven, MO?
The value of your claim is based on many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you economically, how your injuries affected your mentally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim usually is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the financial losses you have suffered as a result of your injuries. They include:
- Medical costs — You are owed compensation for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to work at all anymore, you are entitled to a recovery for the money you would have earned had you not been injured.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's important that you have a record of every dime you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing piano and had to wear a cast on your arm for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance company or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience fighting and winning a wide range of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your New Haven, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are injured due to somebody else's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the money you deserve. An HK Law New Haven, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to get out of paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in New Haven, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.