Slip and Fall Lawyer Ballwin, MO
Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Ballwin, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an accomplished and skilled Ballwin, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Ballwin, MO clients. Proprietors have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for patrons and customers, and when they neglect that duty they owe you damages. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call your Ballwin, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents account for 12 percent of those visits. While it is sometimes difficult to understand who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how proceed with collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and get you the compensation you are entitled to. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Ballwin, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the gravity of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents include:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will impact your compensation. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist may require a quick trip to a Ballwin, MO emergency room and a week off work. No matter the the extent of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Ballwin, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you get a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or diminished earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Ballwin, MO Can Help
No one expects to suddenly become injured. An experienced Ballwin, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Perform a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, for example obtaining security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and developing a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Have an open line of communication with you, and provide you with advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Take your case to court if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need financial security, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for injury victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Ballwin, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do their best to fix it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you have a case for negligence. Proving negligence is a hard task, and necessitates the savvy of a talented Ballwin, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Ballwin, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you collect will be considerably lowered. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a skilled Ballwin, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the property where visitors are not allowed
- Reasonable measures were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were using inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Ballwin, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an skilled Halvorsen Klote Ballwin, MO slip and fall lawyer will stand up to them and prove negligence by the other party.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and possible third party negligence claims.
What Causes Slip and Fall Injuries in Ballwin, MO?
There are many dangerous conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or floors that collapse easily
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager was negligent. If you were injured because of a dangerous property condition, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Ballwin, MO?
The value of your claim depends numerous factors, including how much your injuries cost you economically, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you share any of the blame. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have suffered due to your injuries. They include:
- Medical expenses — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed to heal, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer provides sick leave. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you also deserve compensation for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. That can include parking and gas costs when going to medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny to care for your children.
It's essential that you have a record of every dime you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Typically, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Ballwin, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Ballwin, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are harmed because of another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the negligent party does not want to pay you the compensation you are entitled to. An HK Law Ballwin, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Ballwin, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.