Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Peters, MO
St. Peters, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Peters, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, you require an accomplished and savvy St. Peters, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our St. Peters, MO clients. Property owners and managers have an obligation to make sure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they fail in that duty they owe you damages. If you sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, call your St. Peters, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries account for 12 percent of those visits. While it is often hard to understand who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the compensation you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your St. Peters, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. How much compensation you receive will depend on the gravity of your injury and how much of an effect it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how severe they are will affect your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you disabled for the rest of your life, while a sprained knee might only need a quick trip to a St. Peters, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Regardless of the the extent of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your St. Peters, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you get every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or diminished earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered as a result of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in St. Peters, MO Can Do For Your Claim
No one anticipates being injured. A talented St. Peters, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are owed. When you hire us, we will:
- Perform a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, including obtaining security footage, locating eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can spend your energy on getting better
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to avoid paying your claim
- Have an open line of communication with you, and provide you with sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full financial recovery
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In St. Peters, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do their best to fix it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either fix or warn of, you have a case for negligence. Proving negligence is a difficult task, and requires the knowledge of an experienced St. Peters, MO slip and fall lawyer.
St. Peters, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of recovery you receive will be significantly less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a talented St. Peters, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help reduce the level of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to patrons
- Appropriate measures were taken to protect customers, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
St. Peters, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an skilled Halvorsen Klote St. Peters, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and possible third party negligence claims.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in St. Peters, MO?
There are countless dangerous conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager was negligent. If you have medical bills and lost wages because of a dangerous property condition, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in St. Peters, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on numerous factors, including the financial losses you suffered because of your injuries, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you share any of the responsibility for your fall. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have sustained because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You are owed compensation for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if your employer provides paid time off. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to make the same earnings you used to, you are entitled to a recovery for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny to care for your children.
It's important to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. Typically, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our St. Peters, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your St. Peters, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are injured as a result of another person's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the recovery you are entitled to. An HK Law St. Peters, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in St. Peters, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.