Slip and Fall Lawyer Union, MO
Union, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Union, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, trust in an experienced and savvy Union, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Union, MO causes your injuries. Businesses have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they neglect that duty they are responsible for paying you financial compensation. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call a Union, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall accidents account for 12 percent of those visits. While it can be hard to figure out who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how to go about collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complex legal process and get you the financial recovery you deserve. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your Union, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. How much compensation you collect will depend on the seriousness of your injury and the consequences it has for other aspects of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will impact your financial recovery. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist may require a quick visit to a Union, MO emergency room and a week off work. No matter the scope of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Union, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you collect a full recovery. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Union, MO Can Help
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've had to seek compensation for an injury. A knowledgeable Union, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you are owed. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Conduct a full investigation into your claim, for example acquiring security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know what true compensation really means
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to avoid paying your claim
- Keep you involved at all times, and offer you sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate on your behalf for maximum compensation
- Take your claim to court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Union, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either fix or warn of, you have a case for negligence. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a difficult task, and requires the knowledge of an accomplished Union, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Union, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found partly responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you are awarded will be significantly less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a talented Union, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the percentage of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises where patrons are not allowed
- Appropriate measures were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Union, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an astute Halvorsen Klote Union, MO slip and fall lawyer will help win the full compensation that you deserve.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and possible third party negligence claims.
What Causes Slip and Fall Injuries in Union, MO?
There are many dangerous conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or holes in the floor
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote has more than 10 years of experience investigating claims and proving how the person in control of a property was negligent. If you have medical bills and lost wages because of an unsafe property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Union, MO?
The value of your claim is based on on a variety of factors, including the financial losses you sustained because of the accident, how your injuries affected your emotionally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have suffered due to your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You are owed compensation for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if your employer provides paid time off. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to work at all anymore, you also deserve compensation for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to medical treatments, having to hire help for household chores or having to send your kids to a daycare to watch over your children.
It's essential that you have a record of every dollar you and your medical insurance paid, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Generally, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local YMCA league, and now have to miss the season, you deserve to be compensated for that. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and a trier of act decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Union, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact Your Union, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are harmed owing to another person's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, especially when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the recovery you deserve. An HK Law Union, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to get out of paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Union, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.