Slip and Fall Lawyer Macon, MO
Macon, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Macon, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an experienced and talented Macon, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Macon, MO causes your injuries. Businesses have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for visitors, and when they fail in that obligation they owe you damages. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call a Macon, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall accidents make up about 1 million visits per year. While it can be complicated to understand who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the financial recovery you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Macon, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the seriousness of your injury and the consequences it has for other aspects of your life. Common injuries you can suffer in a slip and fall accident include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will affect your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist might require a quick visit to a Macon, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the scope of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Macon, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you receive every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or diminished earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Macon, MO Can Do For Your Claim
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've had to seek compensation for an injury. A talented Macon, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to. When you hire us, we will:
- Carry out a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, including acquiring security footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and developing a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can spend your energy on your physical recovery
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to devalue your claim
- Be in constant communication, and offer you sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for the best possible settlement
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Macon, MO, the applicable law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you have a case for premises liability. Proving negligence is a touch task, and requires the knowledge of a talented Macon, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Macon, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of compensation you collect will be significantly lowered. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a skilled Macon, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help minimize the percentage of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the property where customers are not allowed
- Reasonable measures were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Macon, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an astute Halvorsen Klote Macon, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and possible third party negligence claims.
What Causes Slip and Fall Injuries in Macon, MO?
There are numerous dangerous conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or holes in the floor
- Poorly designed buildings, for example excessively steep stairs
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote has over 10 years of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager caused your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because of an unsafe property condition, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Macon, MO?
The value of your claim depends many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you economically, how your injuries affected your emotionally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have sustained as a result of your injuries. They include:
- Medical expenses — You are owed compensation for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to work at all anymore, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to hire help for household chores or having to send your kids to a daycare if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential that you have a record of every dime you and your medical insurance paid, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Typically, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance company or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Macon, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Macon, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are hurt due to another person's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the compensation you deserve. An HK Law Macon, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Macon, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.