Slip and Fall Lawyer Dardenne Prairie, MO
Dardenne Prairie, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Dardenne Prairie, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident because a property owner did not keep their property reasonably safe, you need an accomplished and talented Dardenne Prairie, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Dardenne Prairie, MO clients. Property owners and managers have a duty to make sure their property is safe for visitors, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, call a Dardenne Prairie, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit in the United States, and slip and fall injuries make up 12 percent of those visits. While it is sometimes hard to understand who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the compensation you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Dardenne Prairie, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. How much compensation you collect will be based on the gravity of your injury and how much of an impact it has on your life. Common injuries you can experience in a slip and fall accident are:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how serious they are will impact your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, while a sprained knee might only need a quick visit to a Dardenne Prairie, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Regardless of the the extent of the impact your injury had on your life, your Dardenne Prairie, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you are awarded every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO Can Help
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've had to seek compensation for an injury. An experienced Dardenne Prairie, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. When you hire us, we will:
- Conduct a complete investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, including obtaining security footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we know what true compensation really means
- Handle all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on your physical recovery
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to devalue your claim
- Have an open line of communication with you, and provide you with advise based on our experience and knowledge while allowing you to make what you believe to be the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate on your behalf for maximum compensation
- Take the fight to trial if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or you suffered permanent disability and need financial security, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we do for injury victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Dardenne Prairie, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either fix or warn of, you have a case for premises liability. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a complicated task, and necessitates the savvy of an accomplished Dardenne Prairie, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Dardenne Prairie, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found partially responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of money you collect will be substantially less than it could be. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a skilled Dardenne Prairie, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help decrease the percentage of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were distracted, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises where customers are not allowed
- Reasonable steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Dardenne Prairie, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an expert Halvorsen Klote Dardenne Prairie, MO slip and fall lawyer will help collect the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Dardenne Prairie, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or loose floorboards
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote has over a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager was negligent. If you were injured because of a hazardous property condition, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Dardenne Prairie, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends many different factors, including the financial losses you incurred because of your injuries, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim usually falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have sustained due to your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical bills — You are owed compensation for any treatments you needed to heal, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you had to miss time off work when you were unable to work because of your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you are entitled to a recovery for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential that you have a record of every penny you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Usually, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing guitar and had to wear a cast on your arm for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. So if your economic damages are $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To prove non-economic damages, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Dardenne Prairie, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Dardenne Prairie, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are harmed owing to somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, especially when the liable party does not want to pay you the money you are entitled to. An HK Law Dardenne Prairie, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Dardenne Prairie, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.