Slip and Fall Lawyer Town and Country, MO | Personal Injury Attorneys | HK Law

Town and Country, MO

Slip and Fall Lawyer Town and Country, MO

Town and Country, MO Personal Injury Lawyers

Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.

Slip and Fall Lawyer

Slip and Fall Lawyer Town and Country, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because a property owner did not keep their property reasonably safe, you need an accomplished and knowledgeable Town and Country, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Town and Country, MO clients. Property owners and managers have a duty to ensure their property is safe for patrons and customers, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call your Town and Country, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.

Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit in the United States, and slip and fall accidents account for about 1 million visits per year. While it is often hard to figure out who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and secure the compensation you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you the compensation you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.

Contact Us Today

Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries

There are a wide variety of injuries that your Town and Country, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. The damages you are owed will be based on the seriousness of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Common injuries you can receive in a slip and fall accident include:

  • Broken bones, most commonly:
    • Hip
    • Wrist
    • Ankle
    • Skull
  • Soft tissue injuries, such as:
    • Sprains
    • Ligament or tendon tears
    • Muscle strains
  • Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
  • Whiplash
  • Shoulder dislocations
  • Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
  • Bruises
  • Back, neck and spine injuries, including:

Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will impact your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained knee may require a quick visit to a Town and Country, MO emergency room and a week off work. Whatever the the extent of the impact your injury had on your life, your Town and Country, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you collect every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.

How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Town and Country, MO Can Help

No one anticipates being injured. An experienced Town and Country, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you deserve. Upon enlisting our services, we will:

  • Conduct an exhaustive investigation into your claim, for example obtaining security footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
  • Listen to what you have to say, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
  • Take care of all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on getting better
  • Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to devalue your claim
  • Be in constant communication, and provide you with advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
  • Negotiate on your behalf for a full financial recovery
  • Take the fight to court if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement

Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we do for slip and fall victims.

Slip and Fall Lawyer Town and Country, MOs | Personal Injury Attorneys | Injury Claim Lawyers Near Town and Country

Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?

In Town and Country, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties free of any hazardous conditions. If there is a hazardous condition, they must warn you of it and do what they can to repair it. If you receive a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for premises liability. Proving negligence is a hard task, and necessitates the skill of an accomplished Town and Country, MO slip and fall lawyer.

Comparative Negligence

Town and Country, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found somewhat responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of money you collect will be substantially less than it could be. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a knowledgeable Town and Country, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help decrease the level of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:

  • You should have noticed the hazardous condition
  • You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
  • You were on a part of the property where customers are not allowed
  • Reasonable measures were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
  • You were wearing inappropriate or dangerous footwear

Town and Country, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an astute Halvorsen Klote Town and Country, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.

If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.

What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Town and Country, MO?

There are numerous different property conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:

  • Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
  • Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
  • Broken buildings, for example broken steps or holes in the floor
  • Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
  • Loose wiring

Halvorsen Klote has more than a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how a property owner or manager was negligent. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.

How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Town and Country, MO?

How much you'll receive in compensation is based on many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, how your injuries affected your emotionally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim usually is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:

Economic Damages

Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have sustained because of your injuries. They include:

  • Medical bills — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
    • Emergency room visits or urgent care
    • Doctors' appointments
    • Tests
    • Surgeries
    • Medications
    • Physical therapy or chiropractic care
    • Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
  • Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if your employer provides sick leave. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to work at all anymore, you are entitled to a recovery for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
  • Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from doctors' appointments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny to watch over your children.

It's important that you have a record of every dollar you and your medical insurance paid, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.

Non-Economic Damages

These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Usually, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Mental trauma
  • Inconvenience
  • Disability
  • Scarring
  • Loss of ability to enjoy life
  • Loss of consortium
  • Loss of society

If you're used to tearing up your local rec league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.

To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.

Slip and Fall Lawyer Town and Country, MO| Missouri and Illinois Accident and Injury Attorneys | Personal Injury Lawyers Near Town and Country

The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience arguing and winning a wide scope of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.

Contact Your Town and Country, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law

Any injury can bring about anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are hurt because of another person's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the liable party does not want to pay you the compensation you are owed. An HK Law Town and Country, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Town and Country, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.

Joel Halvorsen

Joel Halvorsen

Attorney at Law

Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.

Greg Klote

Greg Klote

Attorney at Law

Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.

Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.