Slip and Fall Lawyer Clayton, MO
Clayton, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Clayton, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an experienced and knowledgeable Clayton, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our Clayton, MO clients. Property owners and managers have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when their property is unsafe they are responsible for giving you financial compensation. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call your Clayton, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries account for about 1 million visits per year. While it is often complicated to understand who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how proceed with receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the financial recovery you are owed. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide range of injuries that your Clayton, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. The damages you are owed will be based on the seriousness of your injury and the extent of the impact it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases include:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will affect your compensation. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you in a wheelchair for years, while a sprained wrist may only need a quick visit to a Clayton, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the scope of the effect your injury had on your life, your Clayton, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you receive a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered as a result of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Clayton, MO Can Help
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. A knowledgeable Clayton, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you deserve. When you hire us, we will:
- Conduct a complete investigation into your claim, for example obtaining video footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and developing a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Take your thoughts into consideration, so we know what true compensation really means
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on healing
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to avoid paying your claim
- Keep you involved at all times, and provide you with sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate on your behalf for maximum compensation
- Take your claim to trial if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we do for slip and fall victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Clayton, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do what they can to repair it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you have a case for premises liability. Proving negligence is a touch task, and necessitates the skill of an experienced Clayton, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Clayton, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you receive will be considerably less than it could be. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a knowledgeable Clayton, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the percentage of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- The hazardous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to customers
- Appropriate measures were taken to protect visitors, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were using inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Clayton, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an shrewd Halvorsen Klote Clayton, MO slip and fall lawyer will fight back against them and prove liability by the other party.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your compensation for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and possible third party negligence claims.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Clayton, MO?
There are many different property conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Wet surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or holes in the floor
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager was negligent. If you were injured because of a dangerous property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Clayton, MO?
The value of your claim depends on a variety of factors, including the financial losses you incurred because of your injuries, how your injuries affected your emotionally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim usually falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the monetary damages you have sustained because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed to heal, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you had to miss time off work while you were recovering from your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to work at all anymore, you also deserve compensation for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. That can include parking and gas costs when going to medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or having to send your kids to a daycare if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Usually, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local basketball league, and now have to miss the season, you deserve to be compensated for that. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and a trier of act decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 payout.
To prove non-economic damages, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Clayton, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Clayton, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are injured owing to another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the liable party does not want to pay you the money you are owed. An HK Law Clayton, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Clayton, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.