Slip and Fall Lawyer Wardsville, MO
Wardsville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Wardsville, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an experienced and skilled Wardsville, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Wardsville, MO causes your injuries. Property owners and managers have a duty to make sure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when their property is unsafe they are responsible for paying you financial compensation. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, call a Wardsville, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents account for about 1 million visits per year. While it is sometimes hard to figure out who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complex legal process and secure the compensation you are entitled to. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot secure the recovery you need in a settlement we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Wardsville, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. How much compensation you collect will be based on the severity of your injury and how much of an impact it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will impact your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you disabled for the rest of your life, while a sprained ankle might require a quick trip to a Wardsville, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the scope of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Wardsville, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you are awarded every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Wardsville, MO Can Do For Your Claim
No one expects to suddenly become injured. A knowledgeable Wardsville, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are owed. When you hire us, we will:
- Conduct a complete investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, for example acquiring security footage, locating eyewitnesses and developing a legal strategy to prove liability
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we know what true compensation really means
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on getting better
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Be in constant communication, and provide you with sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you believe to be the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate on your behalf for a full financial recovery
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or you suffered permanent disability and need financial security, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for those who have been injured because of another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Wardsville, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner failed to either fix or warn of, you have a case for to get compensation. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a difficult task, and necessitates the knowledge of an accomplished Wardsville, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Wardsville, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of compensation you collect will be significantly lowered. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a talented Wardsville, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the amount of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were distracted, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises where patrons are not allowed
- Reasonable steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were using inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Wardsville, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an knowledgeable Halvorsen Klote Wardsville, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If your slip and fall accident transpired at work, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Injuries in Wardsville, MO?
There are countless hazardous conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Black ice
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken handrails or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep stairs
- Loose wiring
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property caused your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because of a dangerous property condition, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Wardsville, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, how your injuries affected your mentally and physically and whether you share a portion of the responsibility for your fall. The compensation you receive for any injury claim typically is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have sustained due to your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for all of your medical expenses related to your slip and fall accident, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if your employer offers sick leave. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to work at all anymore, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from doctors' appointments, having to hire someone to help with household chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Generally, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local basketball league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. Typically, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience arguing and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Wardsville, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can give rise to anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are injured owing to another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, particularly when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the compensation you deserve. An HK Law Wardsville, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to get out of paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Wardsville, MO if we ever have to take your case to trial. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.