Slip and Fall Lawyer Versailles, MO
Versailles, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Versailles, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident because a property owner did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, you require an accomplished and talented Versailles, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Versailles, MO clients. Property owners and managers have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for visitors, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call a Versailles, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall injuries account for about 1 million visits per year. While it can be hard to figure out who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the financial recovery you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you a fair settlement in negotiation we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Versailles, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. How much compensation you receive will be based on the severity of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will impact your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you with a disability for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist might require a quick visit to a Versailles, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the scope of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Versailles, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you receive every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Versailles, MO Can Help
An injury is always unexpected, and most people don't know the first thing about the injury claims process. A knowledgeable Versailles, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the maximum compensation you are owed. When you hire us, we will:
- Perform a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, for example acquiring security footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove liability
- Listen to what you have to say, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Handle all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to minimize your claim
- Be in constant communication, and offer you sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a full financial recovery
- Take your case to trial if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Versailles, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any hazardous conditions. If there is a hazardous condition, they must warn you of it and do their best to repair it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for negligence. Proving negligence is a difficult task, and necessitates the savvy of an accomplished Versailles, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Versailles, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of money you receive will be significantly lowered. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a knowledgeable Versailles, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help reduce the amount of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the property where patrons are not allowed
- Reasonable steps were taken to protect visitors, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Versailles, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an talented Halvorsen Klote Versailles, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are entitled to.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and possible third party negligence claims.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Versailles, MO?
There are numerous different property conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or floors that collapse easily
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Loose wiring
Halvorsen Klote has over a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how the person in control of a property needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you were injured because someone did not keep their property safe, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Versailles, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you economically, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you share a portion of the responsibility for your fall. Your financial recovery for any injury claim generally falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the financial losses you have sustained because of your injuries. They include:
- Medical costs — You are owed compensation for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if your employer provides sick leave. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to work at all anymore, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or having to send your kids to a daycare if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's important to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local rec league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance company or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience arguing and winning a wide range of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact Your Versailles, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are hurt owing to somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the responsible party does not want to pay you the money you are owed. An HK Law Versailles, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Versailles, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.