Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Louis County, MO
St. Louis County, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer St. Louis County, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall incident because a property owner did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an experienced and savvy St. Louis County, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our St. Louis County, MO clients. Property owners and managers have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they fail in that obligation they owe you damages. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call a St. Louis County, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit in the United States, and slip and fall accidents make up 12 percent of those visits. While it is sometimes hard to understand who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how to go about getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the financial recovery you are entitled to. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you the compensation you need in a settlement we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your St. Louis County, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. How much compensation you collect will depend on the seriousness of your injury and how much of an impact it has on your life. Common injuries you can sustain in a slip and fall accident are:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will affect your compensation. An injury to the nervous system may leave you disabled for the rest of your life, while a sprained wrist might only need a quick visit to a St. Louis County, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the the extent of the effect your injury had on your life, your St. Louis County, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you are awarded a full recovery. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or diminished earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer in St. Louis County, MO Can Help
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. An experienced St. Louis County, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will handle the legal aspect of your case and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Carry out a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, for example obtaining security footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Keep you updated at all times, and provide you with sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for maximum compensation
- Take your claim in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we do for slip and fall victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In St. Louis County, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any hazardous conditions. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for premises liability. Proving negligence is a touch task, and necessitates the savvy of an accomplished St. Louis County, MO slip and fall lawyer.
St. Louis County, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be judged to be partially responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will endeavor to blame you for as much of the fault as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of compensation you receive will be considerably less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a talented St. Louis County, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help reduce the percentage of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will commonly try to say that:
- You should have noticed the dangerous condition
- You were distracted, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises where visitors are not allowed
- Suitable steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the surroundings
St. Louis County, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the person who was injured. But an skilled Halvorsen Klote St. Louis County, MO slip and fall lawyer will help collect the full compensation that you are owed.
If your slip and fall accident transpired at work, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and possible third party negligence claims.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in St. Louis County, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken handrails or floors that collapse easily
- Poorly designed buildings, for example excessively steep stairs
- Loose wiring
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property caused your injuries. If you were injured because of a dangerous property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in St. Louis County, MO?
The value of your claim depends many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, how your injuries affected your emotionally and physically and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically is part of two different types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have suffered because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical expenses — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you lost any wages when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to work at all anymore, you also deserve compensation for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's important to keep detailed records and receipts of all of your receipts and bills, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Typically, slip and fall lawyers seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing piano and had to wear a cast on your hand for four months, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the higher the number. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 payout.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our St. Louis County, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your St. Louis County, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can bring about anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are injured owing to another person's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the responsible party does not want to pay you the money you are entitled to. An HK Law St. Louis County, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in St. Louis County, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.