Slip and Fall Lawyer Bourbon, MO
Bourbon, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Bourbon, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an accomplished and savvy Bourbon, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our Bourbon, MO clients. Property owners and managers have a duty to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when they fail in that obligation they owe you damages. If you sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, call your Bourbon, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit in the United States, and slip and fall injuries make up about 1 million visits per year. While it is sometimes complicated to understand who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and get you the financial recovery you deserve. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot secure the compensation you need in a settlement we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Bourbon, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you get compensation for. The damages you are owed will be based on the gravity of your injury and the consequences it has for other aspects of your life. Common injuries you can receive in a slip and fall accident are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more serious than others, and how severe they are will impact your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you disabled for years, while a sprained wrist may require a quick trip to a Bourbon, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the scope of the effect your injury had on your life, your Bourbon, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you get every dollar you are owed. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced as a result of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Bourbon, MO Can Do For Your Claim
An injury is always unexpected, and most people don't know the first thing about the injury claims process. A talented Bourbon, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are owed. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Perform a full investigation into your claim, for example obtaining video footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and developing a legal strategy to prove liability
- Take your thoughts into consideration, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Take care of all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to avoid paying your claim
- Keep you updated at all times, and provide you with advise based on our experience and knowledge while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate on your behalf for the best possible settlement
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we do for those who have been injured through another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Bourbon, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you sustain a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you have a case for negligence. Proving negligence is a difficult task, and requires the skill of an accomplished Bourbon, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Bourbon, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found partially responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of recovery you are awarded will be significantly lowered. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% liable for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a talented Bourbon, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the level of fault placed on you for your injury. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will often try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were not paying proper attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the property where patrons are not allowed
- Suitable measures were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Bourbon, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an astute Halvorsen Klote Bourbon, MO slip and fall lawyer will stand up to them and prove liability by the other party.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Bourbon, MO?
There are countless hazardous conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Black ice
- Slippery surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote has over 10 years of experience investigating claims and proving how the person in control of a property is liable for your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because of an unsafe property condition, speak to a lawyer today at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Bourbon, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends many different factors, including how much your injuries cost you financially, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. The compensation you receive for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the monetary damages you have sustained as a result of your injuries. They include:
- Medical expenses — You are owed compensation for any treatments you needed to heal, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if your employer offers paid time off. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to make the same income you used to, you also deserve compensation for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. Examples can include parking and gas costs when going to medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or having to send your kids to a daycare to watch over your children.
It's essential that you have a record of every penny you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing piano and had to wear a cast on your arm for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and a trier of act decides on a multiplier of three, you would receive a $60,000 financial recovery.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting great results for our Bourbon, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact Your Bourbon, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can bring about anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong disabilities. When you are hurt due to another person's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, particularly when the liable party does not want to pay you the compensation you are owed. An HK Law Bourbon, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to get out of paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Bourbon, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.