Slip and Fall Lawyer Wentzville, MO
Wentzville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Wentzville, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident because someone did not keep their property reasonably safe, trust in an accomplished and knowledgeable Wentzville, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Wentzville, MO causes your injuries. Businesses have a duty to ensure their property is safe for people who are on it legally, and when their property is unsafe they owe you damages. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call a Wentzville, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents account for about 1 million visits per year. While it is often complicated to understand who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how proceed with receiving compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will help you navigate the complicated legal process and secure the compensation you are owed. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you the compensation you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Wentzville, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. The damages you are owed will be based on the seriousness of your injury and the extent of the impact it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how severe they are will impact your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you in a wheelchair for years, while a sprained knee may require a quick visit to a Wentzville, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Regardless of the the extent of the effect your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Wentzville, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you collect a full recovery. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or future earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Wentzville, MO Can Do For Your Claim
An injury is always surprising, and most people have never had to deal with making an injury claim before. A knowledgeable Wentzville, MO personal injury lawyer like ours will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are owed. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Carry out an extensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding your injuries, for example acquiring video footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we can convey to the insurance company the full extent of your damages
- Handle all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Keep you updated at all times, and offer you sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate on your behalf for the best possible settlement
- Take the fight to court if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries are not severe and you just want the liable party to be fair, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, speak to a lawyer at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we do for those who have been injured due to another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Wentzville, MO, the applicable law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a duty to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any hazardous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either fix or warn of, you have a case for premises liability. Proving negligence is a difficult task, and requires the skill of an experienced Wentzville, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Wentzville, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found partly responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of recovery you are awarded will be substantially less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is essential to have a talented Wentzville, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help minimize the amount of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the liability for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were not paying sufficient attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises where customers are not allowed
- Reasonable steps were taken to protect patrons, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Wentzville, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an talented Halvorsen Klote Wentzville, MO slip and fall lawyer will help collect the full compensation that you are owed.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Wentzville, MO?
There are countless different property conditions that can cause slip and fall injuries. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken buildings, for example broken handrails or loose floorboards
- Poorly designed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray cords
Halvorsen Klote has over a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how the person in control of a property is liable for your injuries. If you were injured because someone did not keep their property safe, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Wentzville, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation depends numerous factors, including the financial losses you sustained because of the accident, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are intended to reimburse you for the financial losses you have suffered because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical bills — You are owed compensation for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work while you were recovering from your injuries, you deserve to have that money repaid to you, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to work at all anymore, you are entitled to a recovery for reduced earning potential.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. Examples can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny to care for your children.
It's important that you have a record of every penny you and your medical insurance paid, so we we will be able to get compensation for your full economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local basketball league, and now have to miss the season, you deserve to be compensated for that. Typically, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more your injuries affected you, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. So if your economic damages are $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Wentzville, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see what other cases we handle.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Wentzville, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can occasion anything from mild inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are hurt owing to another person's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, especially when the responsible party does not want to pay you the recovery you are owed. An HK Law Wentzville, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Wentzville, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.