Slip and Fall Lawyer Chesterfield, MO
Chesterfield, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Chesterfield, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property owner did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, you require an accomplished and knowledgeable Chesterfield, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Chesterfield, MO clients. Property owners and managers have an obligation to ensure their property is safe for visitors, and when their property is unsafe they are responsible for paying you financial compensation. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call your Chesterfield, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall injuries make up about 1 million visits per year. While it is often complicated to figure out who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with collecting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the financial recovery you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot secure a fair settlement in negotiation we will take your case to court.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Chesterfield, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. The damages you are owed will be based on the seriousness of your injury and how much of an impact it has on your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how serious they are will affect your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you disabled for years, while a sprained wrist may only need a quick visit to a Chesterfield, MO emergency room and a week off work. No matter the scope of the effect your injury had on your life, your Chesterfield, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make certain that you are awarded a full recovery. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO Can Do For Your Claim
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. An experienced Chesterfield, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you deserve. When you hire us, we will:
- Carry out an extensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, including obtaining security footage, taking depositions of eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove liability
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know what true compensation really means
- Take care of all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can spend your energy on recovering from your injuries
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to minimize your claim
- Have an open line of communication with you, and offer you sound legal counsel while leaving the ultimate decisions about your claim to you
- Negotiate with the insurance company for the best possible settlement
- Take your case to trial if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for inability to make a living as you used to, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to find out more about what we do for injury victims.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Chesterfield, MO, the relevant law is called "Premises Liability." Property owners have a obligations to patrons or visitors to keep their properties safe. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do what they can to repair it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for negligence. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a difficult task, and requires the knowledge of an accomplished Chesterfield, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Chesterfield, MO has what is known as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some legal responsibility their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they succeed, the full amount of money you receive will be considerably less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be awarded $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a knowledgeable Chesterfield, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help decrease the level of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the blame for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were not paying adequate attention to your surroundings, for example you were looking at your phone
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to visitors
- Reasonable measures were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the surroundings
Chesterfield, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to place the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an astute Halvorsen Klote Chesterfield, MO slip and fall lawyer will help secure the full compensation that you are owed.
If you were working when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the leading cause of workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation claim and possible third party negligence claims.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Chesterfield, MO?
There are countless dangerous conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Slippery surfaces, for example spilled liquid or a floor cleaned with a slippery product
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or loose floorboards
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example excessively steep flooring
- Loose wiring
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how a property owner or manager is liable for your injuries. If you have medical bills and lost wages because someone did not keep their property safe, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Chesterfield, MO?
The value of your claim depends numerous factors, including the financial losses you sustained because of your injuries, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you share any of the blame. Your financial recovery for any injury claim usually falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are meant to reimburse you for the financial losses you have sustained as a result of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed to heal, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical therapy or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you had to miss time off work while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries result in permanent disability that doesn't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you are entitled to a recovery for the money you would have earned had you not been injured.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You also need to be compensated for any money you spent because of your injuries. That can include parking and gas costs when going to doctors' appointments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny to watch over your children.
It's important that you have a record of every penny you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the ways your life has been affected that are harder to put a monetary value on. Typically, slip and fall lawyers look for compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local rec league, and now have to miss the season, you deserve to be compensated for that. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. So if your economic damages are $20,000, and your lawyer decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you can keep a journal of how your injuries affect your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Chesterfield, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact Your Chesterfield, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can bring about anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are harmed due to somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, especially when the at-fault party does not want to pay you the recovery you deserve. An HK Law Chesterfield, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to avoid paying you just compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Chesterfield, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to reach out to us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.