Slip and Fall Lawyer Maryland Heights, MO
Maryland Heights, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Maryland Heights, MO. If you were injured in a slip and fall incident because someone did not keep their property free of dangerous or hazardous conditions, you need an experienced and savvy Maryland Heights, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. We have countless settlements in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for our Maryland Heights, MO clients. Proprietors have an obligation to make sure their property is safe for visitors, and when they fail in that duty they owe you damages. If you received an injury in a slip and fall accident, call your Maryland Heights, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the most common reason for an emergency room visit Nationwide, and slip and fall accidents make up about 1 million visits per year. While it can be hard to know who exactly is responsible for your slip and fall and how to go about getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the financial recovery you are owed. We charge no upfront fees, and if we cannot get you the recovery you need in a settlement we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide variety of injuries that your Maryland Heights, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you receive compensation for. The damages you are owed will depend on the seriousness of your injury and the consequences it has for other parts of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall cases include:
- Fractures, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Some injuries are more severe than others, and how severe they are will impact your financial recovery. An injury to the nervous system may leave you in a wheelchair for years, while a sprained knee might require a quick trip to a Maryland Heights, MO emergency room and limited time off work. Whatever the scope of the impact your injury had on your life, your Maryland Heights, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will ensure that you are awarded every dollar you are owed. You deserve to be compensated for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost pay or lowered earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you suffered because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO Can Do For Your Claim
An injury is always surprising, and most people have never had to deal with making an injury claim before. A knowledgeable Maryland Heights, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. Upon enlisting our services, we will:
- Carry out a complete investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident, including obtaining video footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and applying the law to prove negligence
- Listen to what you have to say, so we know how much to demand from the insurance company
- Handle all all the legal aspects of your claim, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Stand up to the insurance company when they try to say they aren't liable for your injuries
- Have an open line of communication with you, and provide you with advise based on our experience and knowledge while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate with the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Take your claim in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure fair compensation in a settlement
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want compensation for your expenses and the inconvenience, or your injuries are debilitating and you need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to discover more about what we can do for your claim.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Maryland Heights, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." People who are in control of properties have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties without any dangerous conditions. If there is a hazardous condition, they must take steps to keep you safe from it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other dangerous condition that the property owner neglected to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for premises liability. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a difficult task, and requires the savvy of a talented Maryland Heights, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Maryland Heights, MO has what's called a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff may bear some liability their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will attempt to place as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of money you collect will be considerably lowered. For instance, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you collect will be $40,000. That's why it is important to have a skilled Maryland Heights, MO slip and fall lawyer in your corner to help decrease the level of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the responsibility for your slip and fall accident on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- The dangerous condition on the property should have been obvious to you
- You were distracted, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises that is off-limits to visitors
- Suitable measures were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- Your footwear was not appropriate for the property
Maryland Heights, MO insurance companies have a lot of experience trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an knowledgeable Halvorsen Klote Maryland Heights, MO slip and fall lawyer will help collect the full compensation that you are owed.
If you were on the job when you suffered your slip and fall accident, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace accident through your workers’ compensation case and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries in Maryland Heights, MO?
There are countless hazardous conditions that can contribute to a slip and fall accident. Speak to an injury attorney right away if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken buildings, for example broken steps or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Loose cords
Halvorsen Klote knows how to investigate claims and prove how the person in control of a property was negligent. If you have medical bills and lost wages because of an unsafe property condition, call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167.
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Slip and Fall in Maryland Heights, MO?
The value of your claim depends many different factors, including the financial losses you suffered because of the accident, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim typically falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages compensate you for the financial losses you have sustained due to your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical costs — You need to be reimbursed for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Physical therapy or chiropractic care
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning capacity — If you lost any wages while you were recovering from your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you are entitled to a recovery for the money you lost out on because of your injuries.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. That can include transportation costs to and from medical treatments, having to pay a cleaning service for standard chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's essential that you have a record of every dollar you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Typically, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you're used to tearing up your local softball league, and now have to miss the season, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, non-economic damages are calculated by multiplying your economic damages by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the higher the number. So if your economic damages total $20,000, and a fact-finder decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To demonstrate non-economic damages to an insurance adjuster or jury, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who know about your life before and after the slip and fall.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience arguing and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact Your Maryland Heights, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can cause anything from minimal inconvenience to lifelong complications. When you are harmed because of somebody else's negligence, it leads to confusion and anger, especially when the liable party does not want to pay you the recovery you deserve. An HK Law Maryland Heights, MO slip and fall lawyer understands how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Maryland Heights, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been hurt in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.