Slip and Fall Lawyer Warrenton, MO
Warrenton, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Warrenton, MO. If you were hurt in a slip and fall incident because a property manager did not keep their property reasonably safe, you need an accomplished and savvy Warrenton, MO slip and fall lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote. You should not have to pay when someone else in Warrenton, MO causes your injuries. Businesses have a responsibility to ensure their property is safe for visitors, and when they neglect that duty they owe you damages. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, call your Warrenton, MO slip and fall lawyer at 866-382-4167 or contact us online today.
Falls are the leading cause of emergency room visits in the United States, and slip and fall accidents account for about 1 million visits per year. While it is often hard to know who exactly is liable for your slip and fall and how proceed with getting compensation, the slip and fall lawyers at Halvorsen Klote will guide you through the injury claims process and secure the financial recovery you are owed. You owe us no fees unless we win your case, and if we cannot get you the compensation you need in a settlement we will fight for you at trial.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
There are a wide array of injuries that your Warrenton, MO slip and fall lawyer will help you collect compensation for. How much compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injury and the consequences it has for other aspects of your life. Some of the injuries we see most in slip and fall accidents are:
- Broken bones, most commonly:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Ligament or tendon tears
- Muscle strains
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee and ankle injuries, especially if you twist as you fall
- Back, neck and spine injuries, including:
- Herniated, slipped, fragmented or bulging discs
- Spinal cord injuries
Injuries vary greatly in how serious they are, and how severe they are will impact your financial recovery. A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury may leave you in a wheelchair for years, while a sprained ankle might require a quick visit to a Warrenton, MO emergency room and a week off work. Regardless of the the extent of the impact your slip and fall accident had on your life, your Warrenton, MO slip and fall lawyer at HK Law will make sure that you get a full recovery. You are entitled to compensation for all of your damages including medical expenses past and future, any lost wages or diminished earning potential and any pain and suffering or mental anguish you experienced because of your slip and fall.
What a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Warrenton, MO Can Do For Your Claim
for the majority of our clients this is the first time they've made an injury claim. A knowledgeable Warrenton, MO personal injury lawyer like those at Halvorsen Klote will be able to step in and provide dedicated representation to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to. When you hire us, we will:
- Carry out a thorough investigation into your claim, for example obtaining security footage, take statements from eyewitnesses and coming up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Take your feelings into consideration, so we know what true compensation really means
- Take care of all documentation and communication with the liable party and insurance company, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Fight back when the liable party and insurance company try to avoid paying your claim
- Be in constant communication, and provide you with sound legal counsel while allowing you to make what you feel is the best decision for you and your family
- Negotiate on your behalf for a full financial recovery
- Take your case to court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiations
Whether your injuries were minor and you just want the liable party to be fair, or you suffered permanent disability and need compensation to cover for you lost earning potential, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to learn more about what we do for those who have been injured through another's negligence.
Who Is Liable for My Slip and Fall Injuries?
In Warrenton, MO, the pertinent law is called "Premises Liability." Property managers have a responsibility to patrons or visitors to keep their properties free of any hazardous conditions. If there is a dangerous condition, they must warn you of it and do their best to repair it. If you suffer a slip and fall injury because of loose wiring, black ice, a bulging area of the floor, an unmarked wet floor or any other hazardous condition that the property owner failed to either repair or warn of, you can file a claim for negligence. Conclusively demonstrating negligence is a touch task, and necessitates the skill of an accomplished Warrenton, MO slip and fall lawyer.
Warrenton, MO has what is referred to as a "comparative negligence" law, meaning that a plaintiff can be found in some measure responsible for their personal injury. In any settlement or trial, a defendant will try to put as much responsibility for the injury on you as possible. If they're successful, the full amount of recovery you are awarded will be considerably less than it could be. For example, if a jury finds that you should be compensated $50,000 for all of your damages, but that you were 20% at-fault for the accident, the amount of compensation you receive will be $40,000. That's why it is imperative to have a skilled Warrenton, MO slip and fall lawyer by your side to help reduce the percentage of fault placed on you for the accident. To place as much of the blame for your slip and fall injury on you, defendants will frequently try to say that:
- You should have noticed the hazardous condition
- You were distracted, for example you were engaged in a spirited conversation
- You were on a part of the premises where visitors are not allowed
- Suitable steps were taken to keep you safe, for example a "wet floor" sign by a puddle
- You were utilizing inappropriate or dangerous footwear
Warrenton, MO insurance companies have had a lot of practice trying to pin the blame for slip and fall accidents on the plaintiffs. But an knowledgeable Halvorsen Klote Warrenton, MO slip and fall lawyer will fight back against them and prove liability by the other party.
If your slip and fall accident happened at work, you can file a a workers' compensation claim. Slip and falls are the most common workers' compensation claims. Your Halvorsen Klote slip and fall lawyer will help you maximize your recovery for your workplace injury through your workers’ compensation claim and will also see if there's a third party who may be liable for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Warrenton, MO?
There are many different property conditions that can cause someone to fall and become injured. You may be able to file a slip and fall claim if you were injured because of:
- Icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots or storefronts
- Wet surfaces, for example if something was spilled or a recently mopped floor
- Broken parts of a building, for example broken steps or holes in the floor
- Poorly constructed buildings, for example uneven flooring
- Stray wiring
Halvorsen Klote has more than a decade of experience investigating claims and proving how the person in control of a property needs to be held accountable for your injuries. If you were injured because of a dangerous property condition, don't hesitate to call us at 866-382-4167.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Claim Worth in Warrenton, MO?
How much you'll receive in compensation is based on on a variety of factors, including the financial losses you suffered because of your injuries, the effect the injuries had on your life and whether you were partially at fault for your injuries. Your financial recovery for any injury claim generally falls into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages:
Economic damages are meant to reimburse you for the monetary damages you have sustained because of your slip and fall. They include:
- Medical bills — You are owed compensation for any treatments you needed in your recovery, including:
- Emergency room visits or urgent care
- Doctors' appointments
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Physical rehabilitation or chiropractic appointments
- Assistive devices such as braces or a wheelchair
- Lost wages or lost earning potential — If you lost any wages when you were unable to work because of your injuries, that will be included in your compensation, even if you had paid time off or sick leave available. If your injuries have life-long consequences that don't allow you to earn a living as you used to, you also deserve compensation for the money you would have earned had you not been injured.
- Out-of-pocket expenses — You may have had more expenses related to your injuries. That can include parking and gas costs when going to medical treatments, having to hire help for household chores or needing to hire a nanny if you were unable to care for them while recovering.
It's important that you have a record of every dollar you and your medical insurance paid, so we can demand a full recovery for all of your economic damages.
These refer to the less tangible ways an injury has affected you. Usually, slip and fall lawyers will make a demand for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Physical impairment
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
If you love playing piano and had to wear a cast on your arm for four months, you are entitled to a financial recovery equal to the amount you suffered. In most cases, we'll use the "multiplier method" to calculate non-economic damages, wherein your economic damages are multiples by a number between 1.5 and 5. The more you suffered, the more your economic damages will be multiplied by. Meaning that if your economic damages are $20,000, and a trier of act decides on a multiplier of three, your total compensation would be $60,000.
To prove non-economic damages, you write down every day how your injuries are affecting your daily life, and we can take deposition of family and friends who are familiar with what you usually do and how you usually feel.
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience getting full compensation for our Warrenton, MO clients in a variety of personal injury cases. Clink on the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact Your Warrenton, MO Slip and Fall Lawyer Today | HK Law
Any injury can bring about anything from minor inconvenience to lifelong difficulties. When you are injured as a result of another person's negligence, it causes confusion and anger, especially when the liable party does not want to pay you the recovery you deserve. An HK Law Warrenton, MO slip and fall lawyer knows how insurance companies try to avoid paying you fair compensation, and we know how to win over a judge and jury in Warrenton, MO if we are not able to get a fair settlement out of court. If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not wait to get in touch with us today by calling 866-382-4167 or contacting us online.