Car Accident Lawyers in Columbia, MO
Call for a Case Review and Consultation if You've Been Injured
Car Accident Lawyer in Columbia, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. A car or truck accident can change your entire life. Regarding the economic and physical implications of a serious vehicle-related accident, it is essential to contact a car accident lawyer in Columbia, MO, as soon as possible if you need legal representation.
Common Car Accident Claims in Columbia, MO
We re you involved in a traffic-related accident? Millions are injured and more than 37,000 are killed in car accidents each year. Halvorsen Klote understands how difficult it can be if you've been in a car accident. You need to consider both personal and financial damages. Our Columbia, MO, car accident attorneys are here to help car crash victims get the reimbursement they deserve. Below are a few of the most common types of car accidents:
No matter what type of accident you're in, it's essential to contact a Columbia, MO, car accident lawyer right away if there are financial damages. Legal assistance doesn't cost you anything. Here, we charge on a contingency fee basis. This means that if there aren't any upfront costs and you only pay us back when we win the case.
Compensation for Columbia, MO, Car Accidents
You likely have a claim if there are any financial damages. The entire point behind starting a claim or pursuing a case is to get compensation from a negligent party. There are a lot of damages to consider, including:
- Medical Expenses: This includes doctor consultations, therapy, in-home medical care, medication, mileage for going to and from an appointment, and other medically-related expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: You may also be eligible to receive compensation for pain and suffering. This can include PTSD, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment, future discomfort, and additional factors.
- Lost Wages: Our Columbia, MO, car accident lawyers make sure that our clients get any wages that are lost due to an accident. If you're injured in a car accident and can't work, you're going to be missing income that could pay for other bills.
- Loss of Companionship: If a family member dies in a car accident or if you're disabled, you may be able to get compensation for loss of affection or companionship. This is also called "loss of consortium."
Other reimbursement may include punitive damages, mental anguish, and loss of future earning potential. It's our job to make sure you get the compensation you deserve in the event of a motor vehicle accident. Our car accident lawyers are set to handle your claim or, if need be, take your claim to trial. A high percentage of accidents are attributed to drunk driving, not wearing a seatbelt, speeding, and other road hazards. If you've been in an accident or were hit by another driver, Halvorsen Klote can help you deal with insurance companies and the claims process.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
You are free to file an insurance claim on your own. No one is stopping you. However, payouts are typically three to four times higher with an experienced car accident lawyer on your side. To ensure maximum payouts, our lawyers will look into and collect video footage, crime reports, medical reports, and other information needed to open and win a claim. The important thing to do is to get medical help immediately, even if you think your injuries are minor. For instance, you might not know you have whiplash for weeks after a crash. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page and see what kinds of cases we have experience with.
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Even if you are partly at fault, you may still be eligible for compensation. Read our FAQs to learn more about motor vehicle accident claims and personal injury cases. There are various statutes of limitations depending on what state you are in. Contact our car accident lawyers in Columbia, MO, now for more information.
Contact Halvorsen Klote's Columbia, MO, Car Accident Lawyers Today
The car accident attorneys in Columbia, MO at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to represent you case. A serious injury can have lasting effects, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide top-notch legal counsel to Columbia motor accident victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact our Columbia, MO, car accident lawyers now for a consultation.
Our practice area includes both Missouri and Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve. Contact our Columbia, MO, car accident lawyers today for more information and a case consultation.