Car Accidents Law Firm Maryland Heights, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Maryland Heights, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Maryland Heights, MO. When the liable parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the financial recovery you need to truly recover. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be upended in an instant when other Maryland Heights, MO people do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the careless driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the financial recovery that you deserve to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Maryland Heights, MO, we have a reputation for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Auto Accidents Our Maryland Heights, MO Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complex|Every car accident has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Maryland Heights, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect damages in a wide range of different auto accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Maryland Heights, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These make up over a quarter of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can often result in whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these accidents, neck injuries and herniated discs can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Maryland Heights, MO parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these regularly happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in serious destruction and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Maryland Heights, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be struck multiple times, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because of negligence on the part of another driver. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Being lost in thought
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid being the negligent party in an accident is to obey the rules of the road in Maryland Heights, MO and pay attention to the road ahead whenever you're behind the wheel. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Maryland Heights, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure your financial recovery compensates you for all of your damages.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Maryland Heights, MO
Even minor accidents are scary and cause sudden confusion. There are a number of things you should do directly after a car accident and before reaching out to a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, you should pull over to the side of the road. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more significant injury, leave the victim still because many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if someone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or excessive speeding, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You need to get the negligent driver's information. It is also important to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Maryland Heights, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Maryland Heights, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident because of someone else's negligent actions, you require a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Maryland Heights, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.