Car Accidents Law Firm Maryland Heights, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Maryland Heights, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Maryland Heights, MO. When the liable parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other Maryland Heights, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Maryland Heights, MO, we are known for our thorough preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Maryland Heights, MO
Car accidents are complex and every one has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Maryland Heights, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive damages in a wide range of different motor vehicle accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Maryland Heights, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and catastrophic wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can frequently result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these wrecks, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Maryland Heights, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and swerves out of their lane. As these frequently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in serious devastation and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Maryland Heights, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a wreck yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in Maryland Heights, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless driving, you need the Maryland Heights, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Maryland Heights, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a number of steps you should take immediately following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You should get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Maryland Heights, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Maryland Heights, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a talented and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our tenacity, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Maryland Heights, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.