Car Accidents Law Firm Chesterfield, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Chesterfield, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Chesterfield, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you need to truly recover. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents nationally annually, which lead to three million injuries. there were 38,600 fatalities in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other Chesterfield, MO residents do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company is not being fair, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Chesterfield, MO, we have a reputation for our meticulous attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will stay in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Auto Accidents Our Chesterfield, MO Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complex|Every car accident has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Chesterfield, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Chesterfield, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous accidents, and are usually caused by drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These make up over a quarter of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can regularly result in neck and back injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These take place when two cars collide, forming a "T" shape at the point of impact. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, significant injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in Chesterfield, MO parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and swerves out of their lane. As these often occur at highway speeds, they can result in serious devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Chesterfield, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are particularly dangerous as a vehicle can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because another motorist broke the rules. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Fiddling with the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to heed the rules of the road in Chesterfield, MO and pay attention to the road ahead at all times. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Chesterfield, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will ensure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Chesterfield, MO
Even minor accidents can be nerve-racking and scary. There are a number of steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before reaching out to a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, police reports are very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or excessive speeding, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have strict rules about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Chesterfield, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Click on the links below to see what other cases we take on.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Chesterfield, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you collect the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you deserve. Our persistence, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Chesterfield, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.