Car Accidents Law Firm Chesterfield, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Chesterfield, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Chesterfield, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or a family member has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. each year, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in in a second when other Chesterfield, MO drivers are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Chesterfield, MO, we are known for our thorough preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Chesterfield, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Chesterfield, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a wide array of different auto crashes. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Chesterfield, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can frequently result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these accidents, severe injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in Chesterfield, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these consistently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Chesterfield, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating an accident yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Chesterfield, MO and focusing on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless actions, you need the Chesterfield, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Chesterfield, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a number of steps you should take directly after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You should get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Chesterfield, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Chesterfield, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you collect the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are owed. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Chesterfield, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.