Car Accidents Law Firm Glen Carbon, IL
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Glen Carbon, IL. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Glen Carbon, IL. When the liable parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the financial recovery you are owed. If you or a family member has been impacted by a car accident through no fault of your own, reach out to the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents nationwide every year, which cause 4.8 million serious injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While we don't think about it, your life can change in one moment when other Glen Carbon, IL residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company is not being fair, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Glen Carbon, IL, we are known for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Glen Carbon, IL
Car accidents are complex|Each. The attorneys of our Glen Carbon, IL car accidents law firm know how to collect compensation in a wide range of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Glen Carbon, IL are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most devastating and catastrophic crashes, and are usually caused by drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about over a quarter of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can often result in whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when two cars collide, forming a "T" shape at the point of impact. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these collisions, neck injuries and herniated discs can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions are common in Glen Carbon, IL parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these often occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in severe damage and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Glen Carbon, IL weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often because of negligence on the part of another motorist. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to follow the rules of the road in Glen Carbon, IL and be cognizant of your surroundings whenever you're behind the wheel. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Glen Carbon, IL car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will ensure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Glen Carbon, IL
Even minor accidents can be jarring and unsettling. There are a number of steps you should take directly after a car accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road. If it is more significant, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is minor, police reports are very helpful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to take action.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Glen Carbon, IL area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Check out the links below to see what other cases we take on.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Glen Carbon, IL | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a talented and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you deserve. Our persistence, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Glen Carbon, IL car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.