Car Accidents Law Firm Fenton, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Fenton, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Fenton, MO. When the at-fault parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationally every year, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other Fenton, MO people do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Fenton, MO, we are known for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Fenton, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Fenton, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive damages in a variety of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Fenton, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous wrecks, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can regularly lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these collisions, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in Fenton, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these consistently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Fenton, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another person. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing a crash yourself is to follow the laws and rules of the road in Fenton, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless behavior, you need the Fenton, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Fenton, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and scary. There are a number of steps you should take directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You should get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Fenton, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Fenton, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's reckless actions, you need a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you recover the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you deserve. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Fenton, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.