Car Accidents Law Firm Union, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Union, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Union, MO. When the liable parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in an instant when other Union, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Union, MO, we are known for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Union, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Union, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a wide array of different motor vehicle wrecks. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Union, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous accidents, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in heavy traffic. They can often result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these accidents, serious injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often happen in Union, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these frequently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in severe devastation and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Union, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often because of negligence on the part of another person. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating an accident yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in Union, MO and concentrating on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless driving, you need the Union, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the recovery you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Union, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a several steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You will want to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Union, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Union, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our determination, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Union, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.