Car Accidents Law Firm Clayton, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Clayton, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Clayton, MO. When the liable parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or a family member has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in one moment when other Clayton, MO residents do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Clayton, MO, we are known for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Clayton, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Clayton, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a wide array of different auto crashes. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Clayton, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous accidents, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can often lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Clayton, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these often occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause severe destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Clayton, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because of negligence on the part of another driver. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a crash yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Clayton, MO and concentrating on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless driving, you need the Clayton, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Clayton, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a several steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Clayton, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Clayton, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's negligent actions, you require a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Clayton, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.