Car Accidents Law Firm Clayton, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Clayton, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Clayton, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, resulting in 4.8 million serious injuries. there were 38,600 fatalities in auto crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less because of COVID-19. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be upended in the blink of an eye when other Clayton, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the at-fault driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Clayton, MO, we are known for our thorough attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will remain in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Clayton, MO
Car accidents are complicated|Each. The attorneys of our Clayton, MO car accidents law firm know how to recover compensation in a wide range of different car wrecks. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Clayton, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can frequently lead to whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These occur when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these accidents, neck injuries and herniated discs can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Clayton, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and weaves out of their lane. As these regularly occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant damage and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Clayton, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit multiple times, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes because another motorist broke the rules. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Changing the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to obey the laws in Clayton, MO and be cognizant of your surroundings at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless behavior, you need the Clayton, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Clayton, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a several steps you should take when involved in an accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If the accident is catastrophic, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it looks like a more severe injury, leave the victim still as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to take action.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You will want to get the at-fault driver's information. It is also helpful to take photos of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Clayton, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Take a look at the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Clayton, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a talented and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are owed. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Clayton, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.