Car Accidents Law Firm Kirkwood, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Kirkwood, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Kirkwood, MO. When the reckless parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in one moment when other Kirkwood, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Kirkwood, MO, we have a reputation for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Kirkwood, MO
Car accidents are complex and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Kirkwood, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a wide range of different auto crashes. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Kirkwood, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and catastrophic wrecks, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in condensed traffic. They can frequently lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these collisions, significant injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often take place in Kirkwood, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and swerves out of their lane. As these often occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause severe damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Kirkwood, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing an accident yourself is to obey the laws and rules of the road in Kirkwood, MO and focusing on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless actions, you need the Kirkwood, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Kirkwood, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a number of things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it looks like a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You need to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Kirkwood, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Kirkwood, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's careless behavior, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Kirkwood, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.