Car Accidents Law Firm Kirkwood, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Kirkwood, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Kirkwood, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you need to truly recover. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The NHTSA estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents nationally annually, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While we don't think about it, your life can change in one moment when other Kirkwood, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the financial recovery that you are owed to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Kirkwood, MO, we have a reputation for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Kirkwood, MO
Car accidents are complex|Every car accident has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Kirkwood, MO car accidents law firm know how to investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Kirkwood, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can regularly cause neck and back injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these wrecks, neck injuries and herniated discs can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions are common in Kirkwood, MO parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these frequently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant destruction and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and Kirkwood, MO weather conditions often have an effect.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
No matter the circumstances of an accident, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Being lost in thought
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to obey the laws in Kirkwood, MO and be cognizant of your surroundings whenever you're behind the wheel. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless actions, you need the Kirkwood, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will ensure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Kirkwood, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident are unsettling and cause sudden confusion. There are a number of things you should do directly after a car accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it appears to be a more severe injury, leave the victim still because they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You will want to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photos of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Kirkwood, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Access your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Take a look at the links below to see what other cases we take on.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Kirkwood, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you receive the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are owed. Our determination, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Kirkwood, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.