Car Accidents Law Firm Boonville, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Boonville, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Boonville, MO. When the liable parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or a family member has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationally each year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other Boonville, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Boonville, MO, we have a reputation for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Boonville, MO
Car accidents are complex and every one has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Boonville, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect compensation in a variety of different auto accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Boonville, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and catastrophic wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can frequently cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these wrecks, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often take place in Boonville, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these consistently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Boonville, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating an accident yourself is to obey the laws and rules of the road in Boonville, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless driving, you need the Boonville, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Boonville, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and scary. There are a several things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it looks like a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You need to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Boonville, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Boonville, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's careless behavior, you require a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are owed. Our work ethic, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Boonville, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.