Car Accidents Law Firm Springfield, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Springfield, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Springfield, MO. When the liable parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or a family member has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in one moment when other Springfield, MO people do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Springfield, MO, we have a reputation for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Springfield, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Springfield, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a variety of different motor vehicle wrecks. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Springfield, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and catastrophic crashes, and are usually the result of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can frequently result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these crashes, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often happen in Springfield, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these regularly occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause serious destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Springfield, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes because of negligence on the part of another motorist. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a crash yourself is to obey the laws and rules of the road in Springfield, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless actions, you need the Springfield, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Springfield, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a several things you should do directly after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it appears to be a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You ought to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Springfield, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Springfield, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are owed. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Springfield, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.