Car Accidents Law Firm High Ridge, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm High Ridge, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in High Ridge, MO. When the at-fault parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. each year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other High Ridge, MO drivers are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in High Ridge, MO, we are known for our thorough preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in High Ridge, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our High Ridge, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect damages in a wide range of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common types of car accidents in High Ridge, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous accidents, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can frequently result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these wrecks, severe injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in High Ridge, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause serious destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by High Ridge, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another person. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating an accident yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in High Ridge, MO and focusing on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless driving, you need the High Ridge, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in High Ridge, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and scary. There are a number of steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You need to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complex.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the High Ridge, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in High Ridge, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident because of someone else's careless driving, you need a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the High Ridge, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.