Car Accidents Law Firm New Florence, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm New Florence, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in New Florence, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's reckless actions, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationally each year, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in an instant when other New Florence, MO drivers are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in New Florence, MO, we have a reputation for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in New Florence, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our New Florence, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a variety of different motor vehicle crashes. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in New Florence, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can frequently lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, serious injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in New Florence, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these frequently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in serious damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and New Florence, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes because of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating a crash yourself is to follow the laws and rules of the road in New Florence, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless actions, you need the New Florence, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in New Florence, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and unsettling. There are a number of steps you should take directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it appears to be a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You need to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photos of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the New Florence, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in New Florence, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a talented and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you receive the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are owed. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the New Florence, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.