Car Accidents Law Firm Sullivan, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Sullivan, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Sullivan, MO. When the at-fault parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. each year, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in one moment when other Sullivan, MO drivers do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Sullivan, MO, we have a reputation for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Sullivan, MO
Car accidents are complex and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Sullivan, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive damages in a wide array of different motor vehicle wrecks. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Sullivan, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in condensed traffic. They can regularly lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these crashes, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often happen in Sullivan, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these frequently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause severe damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Sullivan, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to follow the laws and rules of the road in Sullivan, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless behavior, you need the Sullivan, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Sullivan, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a number of things you should do immediately following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You will want to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Sullivan, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Sullivan, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a talented and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you collect the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Sullivan, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.