Car Accidents Law Firm Wellsville, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Wellsville, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Wellsville, MO. When the liable parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's reckless actions, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. each year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other Wellsville, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Wellsville, MO, we are known for our thorough preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Wellsville, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Wellsville, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a variety of different motor vehicle wrecks. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Wellsville, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous crashes, and are usually the result of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can often result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These occur when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, serious injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often take place in Wellsville, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these often occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause severe damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and Wellsville, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing an accident yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in Wellsville, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless behavior, you need the Wellsville, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Wellsville, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a several steps you should take directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Wellsville, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Wellsville, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies want to give you less money than you deserve. Our persistence, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Wellsville, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.