Car Accidents Law Firm Vandalia, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Vandalia, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Vandalia, MO. When the at-fault parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationally each year, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other Vandalia, MO residents do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Vandalia, MO, we have a reputation for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Vandalia, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Vandalia, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a wide array of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Vandalia, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous crashes, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can frequently lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these crashes, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often take place in Vandalia, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Vandalia, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often because of negligence on the part of another person. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing a crash yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in Vandalia, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless driving, you need the Vandalia, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Vandalia, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a several things you should do directly after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Vandalia, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Vandalia, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's careless actions, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you deserve. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Vandalia, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.