Car Accidents Law Firm Vandalia, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Vandalia, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Vandalia, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or a family member has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents nationally annually, which lead to 4.8 million serious injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be turned completely upside down in one moment when other Vandalia, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the careless driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Vandalia, MO, we have a reputation for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Vandalia, MO
Car accidents are complex|Every car accident has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Vandalia, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Vandalia, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and are usually caused by someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up over a quarter of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can frequently lead to neck and back injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These occur when two cars collide, forming a "T" shape at the point of impact. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, neck injuries and herniated discs can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in Vandalia, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas like school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these often happen at highway speeds, they can result in serious devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and Vandalia, MO weather conditions often have an effect.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be struck from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Fiddling with the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing an accident yourself is to follow the laws in Vandalia, MO and concentrate on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless behavior, you need the Vandalia, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure your financial recovery compensates you for the full extent of how your injury has affected you.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Vandalia, MO
Even minor accidents can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a number of things you should do when involved in an accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, it's a good idea to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, police reports are very helpful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to take action.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You ought to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Vandalia, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Vandalia, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our tenacity, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Vandalia, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.